Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick Question on a Six Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ericv1

I'm talking about the line that is connected to the very bottom of the tank. It's the one you have to tighten before you put the tank in. Does the line go above or hang below the suspension console? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
J P Stein
QUOTE(Ericv1 @ Jun 20 2010, 06:01 AM) *

I'm talking about the line that is connected to the very bottom of the tank. It's the one you have to tighten before you put the tank in. Does the line go above or hang below the suspension console? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

More like forward.
The best pic I have of the area. Mine also needed a bit of support.....the clamp to the long at the extreme left. The 3 hose clamps are to insure the hose doesn't collapse ....it semi-kinked going around that corner
Ericv1

Thanks for the picture. The hose clamps around the bend and support is a great idea.
rfuerst911sc
I used -16AN hose/fittings on my 3.0 conversion. I also added a " T " right before the oil cooler. So when I do a oil change I just have to remove the cap on the T to drain the oil tank.
jt914-6
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Jun 20 2010, 02:23 PM) *

I used -16AN hose/fittings on my 3.0 conversion. I also added a " T " right before the oil cooler. So when I do a oil change I just have to remove the cap on the T to drain the oil tank.

agree.gif Me too.....

Click to view attachment
bcheney
J P Stein...do you have a better photo of how you relocated your brake pressure regulator since you are using an aftermarket Bulkhead type engine mount?
PRS914-6
Here is the routing for my entire system
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Pat Garvey
WOW!

Doesn't get much more "original" or "historic" than this! Maybe we should add a SUBY subsection to this forum.

One of those rare times that we could use a forum moderator.
P mad.gif
Mark Henry
Pat you would love my car...it's a colour change....soon to be 3.0 conversion, it has a Rennshifter, Brembo brakes....
I'm going to weld up my own tank and use Parker push-loc hoses.....MSDS headers....
biggrin.gif

BTW the wifes new '67 bug is lowered, Honda blue metalic paint and will have a bitch'in 2.6 type 4 and a 911 5-speed av-943.gif

Well, at least the '67 bus is safe from molestation......Ah shit, it's got a hopped up dual weber engine and it's been turned into a camper....damn! shades.gif
brant
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jun 20 2010, 06:59 PM) *

WOW!

Doesn't get much more "original" or "historic" than this! Maybe we should add a SUBY subsection to this forum.

One of those rare times that we could use a forum moderator.
P mad.gif

excuse me?
I'm struggling to understand your comments
none of these cars are subaru powered.....
J P Stein
Like Paul I bolted an aluminum plate to the original mounting point of the stock bias valve, then bolted an adjustable unit to the plate. I gots bling too.

Sorry, Pat, iff'n you want stock you've come to the wrong thread.....and group of animals.....but you're welcome to visit. biggrin.gif It may give you ideas.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.