Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shifting Adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xperu
Hi Guys, I replaced all my shift bushings and adjusted the shifting per the instruction. It seems to shift OK, but sometimes pops out of 2nd because I don't push far enough forward and 4th seems to far. Any suggestion? Maybe I just need to get accustom to the pattern with the new bushings, it just seem there is no room for error in 2nd? Thanks Mike
underthetire
You can loosen the pinch bolt under the shifter plate and lengthen the rod engagement. Do a little at a time. That will pull 2nd and 4th back a little.
xperu
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jun 20 2010, 01:21 PM) *

You can loosen the pinch bolt under the shifter plate and lengthen the rod engagement. Do a little at a time. That will pull 2nd and 4th back a little.

OK, thanks Jeff....Mike
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jun 20 2010, 11:21 AM) *

agree.gif beerchug.gif
Steve
If we are talking 73-76 or side shift, the key is to make sure in neutral the stick shift is vertical.
The steps are:
1. put trans in second.
2. line up the splines so that the shifter is in 2nd and just rubbing up against the left spring loaded side.
3. after tightening the pinch bolt, put in neutral to make sure the shifter is vertical. This should give you the correct throws for the gears without hitting the gear shift limits.
Dr Evil
Instructions with diagrams can be found below in my 31 page tranny notes if you are still having issues. smile.gif
xperu
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 20 2010, 06:42 PM) *

Instructions with diagrams can be found below in my 31 page tranny notes if you are still having issues. smile.gif

Yes!!!!!! Dr Evil, I will use this for future info. Thanks again everyone. Mike smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.