Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine lid install....took it off and can't put it back on.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RMally
Hey folks,

How in the world does the engine lid go back on.....I have tried fitting it for the last hour and cant even come close.

Do the tension rods need to be taken off? Does the lip where the screw goes slid in or sit on top? This is driving me crazy, I would had paid more attention when I removed it but had no idea I would be having this much trouble.

Thanks for any help.
wallys914
Lid hinge goes under the Tab on the fire wall, bolt goes through from the bottom. Unless you have a GT lid, or dont care about your paint, I would suggest 2 people...

I dont care about paint, so I just throw mine up there... laugh.gif
EdwardBlume
Its a pain, but agree.gif the 10mm bplts feed upward from the bottom... its tricky alone but not impossible
RMally
Thanks guys,

Geez, I have been trying to install feeding from the top....no wonder.

Thanks again for the advice.
tod914
You can run tape on the inside of those little plates on the body that are on either side of the lid to protect the paint if you like. It's easiest to get on in it's most upright possition. Make the bolts snug, but not tight for adjusting. Once you get it aligned, you might want to mark on the body tab where the lid tab edge is in case you need to take it off again.
rick 918-S
Take a cutt off tool, dremmel, or hacksaw and cut the hinge on the lid from a hole to a slot. That way you can install the bolts on the hinge brackets on the body and leave them loose. Then simply slide the hinge onto the bolt, then tighten.
JoeSharp
agree.gif Yeah what Rick said. I slot all of my engine lids. The one on the race car never gets tightened. It has pins and clips at the rear of the lid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.