Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: She lives! Back on the road.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BCinSC
Thanks to the guys at Autobahn in Peabody, MA (and Rich Towle for the strut), Blanche made her first (hopefully of many) voyages to the beach this weekend. New rotors and pads all around ensured confident stops (going is pointless if you can't stop). The hamsters under the bonnet seemed happy enough until that last 10 miles of the return, where she seemed to stutter a bit. This morning driving to work, she was fine cold, but when well warmed, she started the stutter again and I had a hard time getting to and maintaining 60mph. I'm hoping just a dirty fuel filter or that bend in the fuel line crimped a little tighter once warm - easily fixed. However, she's always been cranky when warm - I recall back in 2002 when Dave and I were driving her cross-country, she always stalled when hot. Anything else I should be checking and adjusting? Many thanks.

Bruce
Tom_T
If your fuel filter is still in the engine bay, then it may be vapor lock due to the heat, & a relocation of it to the front in up & behind the steering rack/cover per the Porsche/VoA service bulletin of the late 70's. AA sells the kit & may have the instructions too.

Otherwise, I recently learnd from John L/avidfan that you can place the #3 spark plug wire under the injector tube to give it more distance from the MPS to avoid electrical interference causing many odd/rough running maladies.

Both are worth a try!

Also keep in mind straight from the factory ads - that our 914's were made for the beach - top off - and targa top off too! shades.gif
.... Those 2 are why they included the center pad for 2 + 1 seating!! happy11.gif

Click to view attachment

benalishhero
What beach in Maine did you travel to? York? Wells? Maybe further north?
Tom
Is this a D-jet FI car? Does it become hard to start when warm, Ie; turns over fine but just takes longer to fire up? I have read that a lot of the early D-jet car would benifit from a CHT insert that ( someone on this site makes them) helps with this problem. Also stalling from stop could be worn TSP. Someone on here makes new boards for these also.
Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.