Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what year did they start using mass air flow on 914's and what mot
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
claude
what year did they start using mass air flow on 914's and what motors blink.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(claude @ Jun 21 2010, 08:10 AM) *

done

Hey Claude, I don't know who or what rude a comments were made, but that's certainly NOT the norm here, as most Teeners are very supportive of one another.

There are a few who forget their manners online, or look at the topics/posts here as opportunities to slam folks - I've had my share of both over the year+ since I joined. All I can say is that folks say things online that they wouldn't face-to-face because they'd probably get clocked! Don't let their anonimity & rudeness be confused with bravery nor knowledge, since they're usually the ones trying to make up for their own inadequacies & lack of cajones! dry.gif

Don't give up here yet, if you're really into 914s - try to find some local 914 guys & get together with them at cars-n-coffee, Teener Tuesdays, fund drives (they'll usually gladly take a new initiate along for a right in the right seat even if you don't have yours yet), MUSR, etc. in your Roanoke area & get to know the helpful ones. shades.gif

Also, don't get discouraged by needing to either pay a bit more for a good running 914, or to do a bit more work on it, than the $1000-1500 that you'd like to pay for one as per your other posts here. Take your time, enlist the help of some of the local 914 guys who want to help (as opposed to run folks down), & you'll eventually find one that fits your budget & wants, as well as developing the network of local 914 wanks who can help you get it running & keep it that way! driving.gif

BTW - "914 wanks" in this case is a term of endearment for those of us afflicted with the sickness! ... as opposed to what we used to call "wankers" on our Rugby club, who were the guys who were nothing but useless "master debaters"! biggrin.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
underthetire
Tom, your a genius. I would have never figured out what done was. And yes, we have all been pecker hurt here at one time or another.
claude
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 21 2010, 04:40 PM) *

QUOTE(claude @ Jun 21 2010, 08:10 AM) *

done

Hey Claude, I don't know who or what rude a comments were made, but that's certainly NOT the norm here, as most Teeners are very supportive of one another.

There are a few who forget their manners online, or look at the topics/posts here as opportunities to slam folks - I've had my share of both over the year+ since I joined. All I can say is that folks say things online that they wouldn't face-to-face because they'd probably get clocked! Don't let their anonimity & rudeness be confused with bravery nor knowledge, since they're usually the ones trying to make up for their own inadequacies & lack of cajones! dry.gif

Don't give up here yet, if you're really into 914s - try to find some local 914 guys & get together with them at cars-n-coffee, Teener Tuesdays, fund drives (they'll usually gladly take a new initiate along for a right in the right seat even if you don't have yours yet), MUSR, etc. in your Roanoke area & get to know the helpful ones. shades.gif

Also, don't get discouraged by needing to either pay a bit more for a good running 914, or to do a bit more work on it, than the $1000-1500 that you'd like to pay for one as per your other posts here. Take your time, enlist the help of some of the local 914 guys who want to help (as opposed to run folks down), & you'll eventually find one that fits your budget & wants, as well as developing the network of local 914 wanks who can help you get it running & keep it that way! driving.gif

BTW - "914 wanks" in this case is a term of endearment for those of us afflicted with the sickness! ... as opposed to what we used to call "wankers" on our Rugby club, who were the guys who were nothing but useless "master debaters"! biggrin.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Thanks I was getting pissed with all the smack talking.
I just don't have alot of money. 3 kids ones disabled so wife has to stay home so i work 2 jobs to make it go around. I dont mind working or weilding.... Just want something we can go for a ride in sometime. welder.gif smash.gif driving.gif ..
underthetire
Too bad your not out here. Some drivers around for that much no problem. I got mine for 900 and did a little work and been driving it for two years. Mine has rust issues, but it's still fun as hell to drive.
Tom
Claude,
That red one in Denver,N.C. doesn't sound too bad. Not too far to go see either. 100-150 miles or so.
Good luck on finding one to your desires, they are really a lot of fun to drive.
Tom
Used to live in VA. many years ago. Dublin, Halifax, South Boston. Can't take the heat and humidity anymore.
bdstone914

PM sent

Bruce
type47
?? http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=108132

200 miles away
claude
Black Forest Racing in Denver NC here we come going to meet john in the morning. 914's are everywhere at his shop. driving.gif aktion035.gif
carr914
Say Hi to John for me. I bought this car from him in either 03 or 04 before he moved to NC. I think I have only talked to him once since.

T.C.

Click to view attachment
claude
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jun 22 2010, 02:05 PM) *
Say Hi to John for me. I bought this car from him in either 03 or 04 before he moved to NC. I think I have only talked to him once since.

T.C.

No problem will do!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.