Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tangerine Racing In-car from June 19, 2010
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
I got stuck behind this smokin' smoke.gif TR6 after starting dead last. His greater straightline speed and awful racing line drove me nuts. wacko.gif
I pulled away quickly once I got by him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phDSoeWNW5A
ottox914
Love watching your vids! That TR was smoking like a BBQ joint on a saturday night! Looks like it handled like my old red radio flyer wagon. How long did it take you to clean your windshield after that?

Fun stuff!!

(and I did get the clutch bracket, but did not get the motor in this weekend)

-Dave
rick 918-S
I think he was sliding around in his own oil! screwy.gif They should have flagged him and checked him out. Could have been steam powered. You know wood stove for a boiler. lol-2.gif
PBR
Wow, that guy couldn't find the racing line if he was being towed by the race leader. I was there Friday and Saturday crewing for the Team Maybury SM and SSM.

It was great to see the tangerine 914 back out on track (I was there last year too when you had the crash), and it sounded like it was running smoothly. There were definitely a couple smokers out in that race group.

Also a ford pinto that blew up... then proceeded to dump oil all over the place... not cool.
MDG
Great vid! I kept waiting for gobs of TR oil to start splattering your windshield.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(MDG @ Jun 21 2010, 08:43 PM) *

I kept waiting for gobs of TR oil to start splattering your windshield.

Me too. blink.gif
Fortunately there was never any liquid on the track or on my windshield.
tomeric914
Patience and experience always prevail. Nice driving Chris!
Lennies914
The lines he was taking and the smoke pouring out reminded me of the ol' Cheech and Chong. lol-2.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Jun 21 2010, 09:05 PM) *

The lines he was taking and the smoke pouring out reminded me of the ol' Cheech and Chong. lol-2.gif

My wife thinks the same thing, and she's seen the guy! smoke.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jun 21 2010, 09:09 PM) *

Hey, How's my driving man?
Rleog
Whew! Looks like you had to go off-line just to get a breath of fresh air.

Is Tangerine 2 going to see track this summer?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 22 2010, 08:53 AM) *

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jun 21 2010, 09:09 PM) *

Hey, How's my driving man?

Like your avatar. lol-2.gif busted_cop.gif License? It's on the back man. smoke.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

You showed great skill, & even greater patience. Sounds great also.

Dave slap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.