Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater blower wire on a 76
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
markb
OK gang, I need some help here. IIRC from my 1.7 Djet in the 72, the heater blower wire was in the harness on the drivers side. I recently transplanted a 76 2.0 Djet motor into the car and don't seem to have that wire. I realize the blower was mounted differently in 76, but where is the wire? Do I need to run one from the relay board?
SirAndy
QUOTE(markb @ Jun 21 2010, 03:59 PM) *

OK gang, I need some help here. IIRC from my 1.7 Djet in the 72, the heater blower wire was in the harness on the drivers side. I recently transplanted a 76 2.0 Djet motor into the car and don't seem to have that wire. I realize the blower was mounted differently in 76, but where is the wire? Do I need to run one from the relay board?

Early cars had the heater blower wires going through the relay board and then going into the engine harness ...

Later cars have the heater blower wires exit the main harness before the relay board ...

bye1.gif Andy
SirAndy
Solid green wire ...

On early cars, goes from Pin 10 on the rear connector into the engine harness.

On late cars, Pin 10 is jumped to Pin 11 on the rear connector and the green wire comes out of the main harness before the relay board.

On your '72 you will need to remove the '76 'jumper' in the engine harness and run a (green!) wire from Pin 10 to the heater blower.

popcorn[1].gif Andy
markb
Thanks Andy.
markb
I just went out & did this, and the blower is on constantly when the key is on, regardless of the heater handle position. sad.gif HELP!
SirAndy
QUOTE(markb @ Jul 4 2010, 11:37 AM) *

I just went out & did this, and the blower is on constantly when the key is on, regardless of the heater handle position. sad.gif HELP!

Unbolt the lever and make sure the contact is not shorting out ...

idea.gif Andy
markb
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 4 2010, 02:52 PM) *

QUOTE(markb @ Jul 4 2010, 11:37 AM) *

Unbolt the lever and make sure the contact is not shorting out ...

idea.gif Andy

Thanks. That will be tomorrows project (once I'm over my upcoming hangover smile.gif ).
charliew
My friends tell me if you drink enough you won't get a hangover.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.