Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: shaft woes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
raw1298
I am almost ready to bolt up the shafts but one of the flanges has the pin from the last set of drive shafts in the flange. How do you get these out? It looks like rolled steel to make the pin. confused24.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(raw1298 @ Jun 21 2010, 06:47 PM) *

I am almost ready to bolt up the shafts but one of the flanges has the pin from the last set of drive shafts in the flange. How do you get these out? It looks like rolled steel to make the pin. confused24.gif

It is rolled steel. punch it all the way through and catch it from the back side. I'm pretty sure it was a through hole.
raw1298
I felt around the back side and it feels solid. Just so there is no confusion, I am refering to the flange on the transaxle not the cv.
underthetire
QUOTE(raw1298 @ Jun 21 2010, 06:53 PM) *

I felt around the back side and it feels solid. Just so there is no confusion, I am refering to the flange on the transaxle not the cv.

Let me go take a look
underthetire
I forgot, gave the pair I had away.
raw1298
So, would a pair of vise grips work??
Or will that screw something up?
detoxcowboy
there should be 2 rolled pins per each cv both inner and outer (they really help wioth allinghn the joints to the flange) , 8 pins total for the car.. sounds like one stuck in the flange instead of staying with the cv.. 2 ways around it one is to leave it and take one out of your cv, or take it out..

it is probably greasy and hard to get a grip on.. if your can't get get a grip on it or pull the pin out while the flange is on the tranny.. take the flange off, heat that area of the flange but not the pin itelf while it is off the car (if you heat it on the car there is a seal for thre tranny flange you do not want to melt) clean the pin get a better grip and pull it out.. these are the stuggles that make a fix take forever,.
raw1298
I'll give it a try tomorrow. I wanted some input before I caused myself more work. Thanks all!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.