Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No power across circuit 9
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rav914
While troubleshooting why my horns don't work, I realized the heather blower and fresh air motor don't work as well. I dropped the CB panel and checked both sides of fuse nine. I got a big zero on voltage. I checked the voltage with the key in all positions and the car running, nothing.

Why is that? Where does the power for the circuit come from? I checked the relays, all are operable but the fresh air one doesn't do anything. I moved it to the other position and it works, so I know it's ok.

Am I missing something?

It's a '70/4

A note: I wired the high beams to their own seperate relays. Could that be it? I know it prevented the JWest flasher from working.

Thanks.
underthetire
My heater blower and fuel pump run off one of the fuses in the relay panel. Don't know about a '70. Might wanna check anyways.
Tom
Nate,
You may have a dirty relay socket. Try this, turn on the key and while pushing the horn, wiggle the relays around some. One of the round ones on the fuse panel should be the relay that is not making good contact. Mine was doing this off and on and my horn and radio were on the same relay, so I just turned the radio on and wiggled until I found the bad socket. You can use a contact cleaner and cuetips to clean the socket and gently spread the prongs of the relay to get a better fit.
Tom
Rav914
Thanks Tom. That was it. I rolled up some 400 grit sandpaper and twisted it around inside terminal 30. Horn works now. I think I need to clean the switches on the other two.
Tom
piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.