Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - but still air cooled VW question - Carb Identification
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Hi All -
Trying to identify a set of carbs on this type I motor. Anyone know what they are?

Thanks!
Scott S
Mark Henry
I'd say kadrons (solex brazil), but they might be single webers or baby dells...what name/numbers is on them?

Looks like a kit car?
Scott S
Yep, it is a speedster.
It owmed by a "newly mechincal" pal of mine (he really wants to learn). The car is not where I can see it. I will see if he can grab some numbers. He just wants to buy a book on them to read up (car runs fine). I suggested the usual webber book until he sent me the picture....

Thanks!!
Scott S
Cap'n Krusty
The linkage is wrong for Kadrons, and they're too small. Kadrons have a single rod which extends from one carb to the other, and a shorter rod off the bell crank. Oh, and a big honkin' spring. Looks like ICTs to me.

The Cap'n
Mark Henry
Capt may be right, I have bits of that same linkage and IIRC it came from a burnt out ICT carbed bug.
solex
I concur with the Capt'n. The Kadrons had one rod that went in between both carburators. With a piece of angle iron in the middle.

Also it is hard to tell (may be hidden by the fan shroud, although I would not put anything there) but the Kad's needed a balance tube between them at the manifolds.

Are they Solex's

Dan
Scott S
Based on the car being a turn key replica, the Webber/Empi ICT's make perfect sense. I googled them and there are a million of those kits for sale at the different bug shops.
I have not seen any with that linkage however. Most have the same looking setup as the usual hex rod stuff that is the norm for our 914 stuff.

Either way, thanks for the info. I dropped him a line to get some numbers.
beerchug.gif
aircooledtechguy
I believe those are the Scat Solex replacement carbs (probably 34mm). That linkage is Scat for sure and the air cleaner assemblies appear to be the Scats as well.
Eric_Shea
Why must every thread here eventually lead to Scat talk?

(Hi Scotty) wavey.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 22 2010, 05:15 PM) *

Why must every thread here eventually lead to Scat talk?

(Hi Scotty) wavey.gif

Does a bear shit in the woods?
Scott S
Just spoke to my buddy Rich - says he and a car guy pal climbed all over the thing, even used a flash light - not a single number on anything. There are only 785 miles on the car, so everything is still very very clean - but nothing to be found. Asked him to pull the aircleaners and get better pics.

This is very weird... confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.