Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT took the MGA for a ride yesterday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
It was very nice here yesterday. The wife an I took the MGA out for a drive. Went out to eat. It was pretty cold on the way home. It's back in storage again. There talking rain and maybe snow tonight. sad.gif That's ok I really don't need anymore distractions for the 918-S project.

Here's a picture from last year. BTW: it's for sale!
ppickerell
Ahhh,
Memories smlove2.gif ! That was my first car at 17 years old! How much?
rick 918-S
I purchased it in California, only here for 4 years. fresh 1967 5 main 1800 from an MGB. Not a dime less than $10,000.00 It's not perfect but it's a driver.
tdgray
Rich,

Nice to see another lover of MGA's on the board. I've had mine out a couple of times for some VERY short trips. Still too cold but hey we're getting there.

My MGA is definitley my first love wub.gif

Looks like a nice one. BTW 10K is a good price for an "A" from the west coast that needs no work. You'll sell it pretty quickly I imagine.
rich brennick
Hi Rich,
Finally got my '60 down to the frame to start over.
Hmmm, I'm pretty sure I can refab the front frame to
shoehorn a 3.8 Jag into it... welder.gif I want something with triple Webers!
Following your 928/914 project; looking good!
Regards,
Rich Brennick/ Michigan
ThinAir
That's a sweet looking ride. My first car was an MGA. Had to borrow the $300 from the Navy credit union to buy it and on a seaman's pay I was paying for it long after it had left me stranded in Palm Springs with a rod knock. I got just enough for it for a plane ticket home to Phoenix. I always remember the wind-up turn signals - one of the parts I replaced as part of making it "roadworthy". In spite of the experience, I still have warm thoughts whenever I see an "A" .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.