Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: throttle cable mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
raw1298
Is there a bracket that is used for mounting the throttle cable to the engine or is this a do it yourself thing? I have searched and have had no luck finding one for our car.
zx-niner
Found the same thing you did-- everyone sells carbs, no one sells a throttle cable mount. Here's my fabricated version.

Click to view attachment
70_914
QUOTE(raw1298 @ Jun 22 2010, 08:26 PM) *

Is there a bracket that is used for mounting the throttle cable to the engine or is this a do it yourself thing? I have searched and have had no luck finding one for our car.

My car has a butt-ugly custom do it yourself angle iron bracket. Does the job, I guess...

1 vote for do it yourself thing.
raw1298
I guess it would be time to break out the welder again and do some fabricatin'. You would think that someone woud sell an item like this. Back to work, hope to be running soon!
biosurfer1
I think the problem arises that there are so many different ways to mount the hex bar, bellcrank, or whatever you might have.

My DIY is ugly to say the least but works...I'll make a pretty one once I have the time.
rnellums
I am for DIY too, there are lots of good mounting points on the fan shroud.
Ross
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.