Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help transporting a FB bumper to McMark
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bdstone914
I need to get a fiberglass 916 type bumper to Mark DeBarnardi's in Sonoma. Anyone going from Socal in the near future to Sonoma, Sacramanto or near by area that haul it up? Trying to help out a fellow teener and save some freight $$.

Please PM me as I do not often check back here.

Bruce
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif The bumper is for Gopak's car. icon_bump.gif I would consider this a personal favor.
EdwardBlume
I can help with the last 60 miles or so if it goes anywhere around Sacramento, Oakland, San Jose, or Modesto....

Mike Bellis
How about putting it on a greyhound bus? They ship cheap.
Gint
I'm going to change the word "Keep" in the title of this thread to "Need". It's driving me crazy... screwy.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jun 23 2010, 11:14 PM) *

How about putting it on a greyhound bus? They ship cheap.

That's our second option. Just trying to hold the line a little on cost.
ConeDodger
I have a better idea. The Norcal boys and girls owe the Socal boys and girls a visit. Chief NARP Dude Joe Sharp came up to a Norcal BBQ about 4-5 years ago and we have owed a return favor. If someone wants to have a BBQ (Joe Sharp - hint hint) and get the gang together. McMark and I will drive down and pick the thing up. It would have to be on a weekend that I don't work so I propose the 10th of July. Burgers are on you NARPsters by the way!

Rick did a favor. That is what we do here. We come together as a community and get things done for each other. He shouldn't take it in the shorts to repair this car. We can get things done and have fun too. Who is in? Norcal guys??? Mark and I will drive down and back the same day as we have too many projects going to spend more than a day. But if you guys want to caravan down and stay for a day or so - rock on! cheer.gif
bdstone914
Rob,

That would be great if you came down. I think Joe is over due for a BBQ.
Any other Norcal guys have any planned trips to Socal?

Bruce

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 24 2010, 08:19 AM) *

I have a better idea. The Norcal boys and girls owe the Socal boys and girls a visit. Chief NARP Dude Joe Sharp came up to a Norcal BBQ about 4-5 years ago and we have owed a return favor. If someone wants to have a BBQ (Joe Sharp - hint hint) and get the gang together. McMark and I will drive down and pick the thing up. It would have to be on a weekend that I don't work so I propose the 10th of July. Burgers are on you NARPsters by the way!

Rick did a favor. That is what we do here. We come together as a community and get things done for each other. He shouldn't take it in the shorts to repair this car. We can get things done and have fun too. Who is in? Norcal guys??? Mark and I will drive down and back the same day as we have too many projects going to spend more than a day. But if you guys want to caravan down and stay for a day or so - rock on! cheer.gif

Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 22 2010, 09:47 PM) *

I need to get a fiberglass 916 type bumper to Mark DeBarnardi's in Sonoma. Anyone going from Socal in the near future to Sonoma, Sacramanto or near by area that haul it up? Trying to help out a fellow teener and save some freight $$.

Bruce

I just sent Bruce a PM. I will be down south this weekend and can bring it as far as Paso Robles on sunday if that will help.
Cheers, Elliot
swood
I was going to say I'm going to Paso next weekend from LB...
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 24 2010, 12:19 PM) *

Thanks for the offer to help with this. Most don't know what this is about or why I want to get a bumper to McMark's shop. I want to clear up a few things so here's the spin.

I bought a 914 from Bryanf and was heading to Cali to pick it up. I had an empty trailer. Gopaks was moving from WI. and needed his car hauled out to Cali. I agreed to bring it out for him. I had a strap fail and his car rolled forward and ended up hitting the back of the mothership. headbang.gif The front 916 bumper was damaged along with the trunk floor.
McMark welded the floor and it turned out perfect. welder.gif (Thanks Mark!)

This leaves the front bumper. I thought I had a 916 front bumper here in storage but I must have given it way or something.
So, Bruce came to the resque and agreed to set me up with a replacement. That leaves the issue of getting the bumper up to Nor Cal.

Bruce priced out shipping via Greyhound and it's really pretty cheap so if the trip south to the Joe Sharp BBQ doesn't pan out we have plan "B" ready to execute.

True I attempted to do a favor and help a guy out. But in my book a favor should not involve leaving a guy's car in worse condition than when you took possesion. I can't roll like that. Never could, never will.
Gopak (Mark) has been great about it. Were near the place where we can put this behind us.
Most of all McMark has been a stand up guy. Anyone needing some work done should really give McMark a call. You won't regret it. The first time I ever met him he borrowed me his battery hold down at candle stick so I could embarrass myself in the Alien trying to run the AX course. I got lost in the middle of the course and ended up with a DNF... confused24.gif

Thanks Rob, Mark, and Bruce. Just let me know if you need a favor. See ya at the RRC. beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
It's nothing Rick... For the favors you do for everyone else and all you add to the community, really... it's nothing. Besides, with a little luck we can get in on some of that famous Joe Sharp BBQ!!! drooley.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 24 2010, 11:41 PM) *

It's nothing Rick... For the favors you do for everyone else and all you add to the community, really... it's nothing. Besides, with a little luck we can get in on some of that famous Joe Sharp BBQ!!! drooley.gif

I jealous, I've been to one of Joe's BBQ! chowtime.gif
McMark
The first time I ever met him he borrowed me his battery hold down at candle stick so I could embarrass myself in the Alien

Holy CRAP! I forgot about that. That was a long time ago. aktion035.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 25 2010, 12:25 AM) *

The first time I ever met him he borrowed me his battery hold down at candle stick so I could embarrass myself in the Alien

Holy CRAP! I forgot about that. That was a long time ago. aktion035.gif

lol-2.gif Ya, So long guy's are making wise cracks about my hair color. dry.gif shades.gif howard.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(swood @ Jun 24 2010, 11:12 PM) *

Where is LB? confused24.gif smile.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 24 2010, 11:06 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 22 2010, 09:47 PM) *

Bruce

I just sent Bruce a PM. I will be down south this weekend and can bring it as far as Paso Robles on sunday if that will help.
Cheers, Elliot

That may work if we can figure out a way to get it the rest of the way. Thanks Elliot! Let's see how this plays out.
swood
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jun 25 2010, 04:50 AM) *

QUOTE(swood @ Jun 24 2010, 11:12 PM) *

Where is LB? confused24.gif smile.gif

Sorry, da LBC, Homie...(Long Beach)
bye1.gif
ConeDodger
This is all on hold for now... It looks like Mark can put the magic smoke back in the existing 916 front bumper. But if the NARPsters did have a BBQ, we would not be adverse to coming down w00t.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.