Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 915 TorqBias. diff
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RON S.
Guys,
I had to ask.I'm going to Hershey to see if I can pick up some things needed to ultimately bring some closure on the 6'r project.
I hope to meet some of you all,and I will be asking around.
The one thing I'm gonna look for is a good used Torque-biasing diff for my 915 box.It's all I lack to button it up.The case is an 1980-84 unit.Need a fine spline diff.Any got one lying around ya wanna sell laugh.gif ?Ya right but I'll still ask.
If I have no luck@ Hershey,I'll just buy a new one retail when I get back.
My engine & trans will get in this car this year.
Ron
East coaster
Sorry Ron..This is off topic, but have you figured out your throttle linkage yet?? I'm looking at mine curiously since flipping the intake and haven't gotten to it yet.

Oh, but on topic, there was a rebuilt 915 TBD for sale on the PP 911 classifieds.

Thanks, JD
RON S.
Yea JD I have,
I'm going to get a custom made cable from Pegasus racing.
I went to their store last year when I was in Milwaukee,and spoke about it with one of the guys there.
They'll have'em made up,to any length requested.
Cost is gonna be around $100.00
Before I can do it,I first gotta get the engine & trans installed and do the measurements.
On another note.I went to Charlotte N.C.this past weekend.The Lowes Motor Speedway hosts a swapmeet the first weekend in April everyyear.
I found a vendor who was selling only used Aeroquip lines & fittings.He had literally 100's of feet of line & fittings.Every size available.
I bought 40' of -16 hose & 15 reusable fittings for $80.00 He said he's buyin take offs from the Nascar teams offa their cars when they come back wrecked.
Bought a fluid transfer pump for my pressure fed 915 box for $30.00
And found a guy sellin used Tilton master cyl's for $10.00 a piece.I wanted one of those to do a hydraulic clutch setup.
Man I love swap meets.Ya always find something.
Ron
East coaster
Cool, maybe I'll check with them when it's time for a cablle. On mine the linkage (at the butterfly) itself seems like a challenge. Your's might be a little different, my motor is a '92? With the intake flipped I don't see a way to use the stock bellcrank setup on the butterfly. I figured I'd make a new pulley/bellcrank or weld something to the old setup.
Brad Roberts
I just recived two Guard LSD's for two 901's we are building. They are SWEET.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.