Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ECC 2010 Cumberland,md Sept 18-19
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bill Smith
I need a couple guys to help me spread the word to get something going for the 914 East Coast Cook out in Cumberland, MD Sept 18-19, 2010

There is an autocross that weekend in Cumberland - for $40 each day - you get 5 runs minimum each day at the airport. Its long, fast and very competitive. Our best 914 guy normally only comes in about 30 out of 100 cars.

There is camping at the airport, plenty of hotels, or camping at one of the 914 guys place nearby. Part of the weekend is a picnic Sat night at Dr. McCaugh's Corvette Garage with beer, food, and about 50 corvettes.

you can get more details on the autocross weekend at http://www.nationalroadrally.com/info.html

They have computer registration.

I can handle things on this end - got plenty of help. Where I need help is putting the word out on the different 914 club sites. I dont have much time to spend on the computer and am not very familiar with the different sites.
type47
914world, 914club, PelicanParts BBS, PCA regions near Cumberland (Potomac, Chesapeake ... ), dorkiphus (DC/MD/VA Porsche board). Other sites?
zymurgist
What's going to be the best option for day trippers who won't be doing the autocross?
Bill Smith
probably $15 per person to attend the picnic Sat night

what other options would you like?
type47
icon_bump.gif
Bill Smith
thanks for the bump - but it does not seem like there is much interest - I am not sure what to do?
ws91420
Well I am not real clear as to what is going on. Are we attaching it an event that is already happening and that is also the meal part of it as well or are we doing something (our own cookout/meal) on sat and the auto x is sun. Until a definitve decision is made by whoever is planning the event is made and how it is going to run it is hard to make a decision. Some additional info would be appreciated from my standpoint. Also what arrangements for lodging and or camping.
ConeDodger
Road Trip!!!

Just kidding but free bump biggrin.gif
scotty b
How about for starters we consolidate this with the other ECC 2010 thread ?? I like Welby was a little unclear as to wwhether we were planning on 2 different events, or one with two threads confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.