Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: riviera wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
solo1
Riviera mag wheels, had them on my first 914 want the same, autoatlanta has NLA assume its no longer available. any ideas where i can find them? thank in advance
underthetire
Keep looking here. the last set I had of 6 I sold for 150 bucks.
TheCabinetmaker
Pretty much anywhere. Everyone thinks they have to have those UGLY 2litre Fuchs, so the step child rivieras get tossed.
jmill
I've got a set of 4 I'll sell.
DanT
like these biggrin.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(solo1 @ Jun 24 2010, 11:03 AM) *

Riviera mag wheels, had them on my first 914 want the same, autoatlanta has NLA assume its no longer available. any ideas where i can find them? thank in advance

We can get a brand new set for you.
Sleepin
After seeing soooo many 914's on 2.0 Fuchs, the Rivvies have begun to grow on me. Real 914's pimp Mahles though! cool.gif
sixnotfour
There is two different offsets , depending on what tire you want to run.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 24 2010, 12:16 PM) *

There is two different offsets , depending on what tire you want to run.

agree.gif

There are also about 5 different types, yes, 5!

I found early 80's VW offset and love them. Word of caution though, you won't run anything wider than a 195 along with rolling the rear lip a little to get them to fit. But they sure fill out the wheel wells nicely!

The very outer edge is one key identifier to the rims. IMO the "Good" ones don't have the extra "ridge" on the outer most part of the lip. The earlier cooler ones look more like a factory wheel, have a deeper dish look to them. I painted my centers to similate the look of the the 16" fuchs.
sixnotfour
Here is a picture of the other offset
Root_Werks
Yup!

Same, early smooth lip edge, but you can see they fit under the fenders more like stock 914 rims do.

That's two styles pictured and the third was the newer 90's and up produced rims with the extra lip.

The other couple of styles have the smooth spokes I believe. Pretty much covers the differences.
Root_Werks
Here is a pretty good shot of a rim (the offset and style I'm using). This would be the smooth lip, roll rear fender lip 80's rim:
BigDBass
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 24 2010, 04:20 PM) *
Here is a picture of the other offset

Love that color. Not a fan of Rivs.
DanT
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jun 24 2010, 11:08 AM) *

Pretty much anywhere. Everyone thinks they have to have those UGLY 2litre Fuchs, so the step child rivieras get tossed.

and what is wrong with those ugly Fuchs confused24.gif
benalishhero
QUOTE(DanT @ Jun 24 2010, 06:03 PM) *

Funny, my 'ol man was just saying today how my 2.0 Fuchs are ugly.

I find them to be a handsome wheel.
ME733
QUOTE(DanT @ Jun 24 2010, 06:03 PM) *

...............that right!!! those muthers are beautiful., and so are mine.!
914rat
I have a set with stock size tires in good condition I would like to sell.
rick 918-S
I have a set on the Raspberry car. I think these are the VW offset. They fill the wheel wells pretty good.

Click to view attachment

I'm going with these. I just scored a set of Enkei 92's. They will have polished lips and black centers. Very retro mod wub.gif drooley.gif

Click to view attachment
Tom_T
QUOTE(solo1 @ Jun 24 2010, 11:03 AM) *

<edit> I just noticed George say AA still can get them too!

There are still new repops selling on TheSamba under Wheels, Vendors, Porsche etc. in their classifieds, as well as used there, here, 914club & evil-bay.

IIRC American Wheels is making the new ones for the VW & 914 crowd today, with a slightly different lipped rim.

The originals from the 70's looked like this pic of mine, with the smooth angled outer rim & that is the actual Riviera logo center cap - if your looking for an exact old school look (mine aren't FS, but they need repainted & those are the brushed aluminum finish - not the more common polished, so they're not dull from lack of care) - this is what to look for, including original Logo'd "silver bullet" center caps ....

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

popcorn[1].gif
underthetire
Couldn't stand rivi's myself, so I painted them, then went 5 lug.
championgt1
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jun 24 2010, 12:16 PM) *

After seeing soooo many 914's on 2.0 Fuchs, the Rivvies have begun to grow on me. Real 914's pimp Mahles though! cool.gif

Word! aktion035.gif
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(DanT @ Jun 24 2010, 05:03 PM) *

Looks like a peice of stamped sheet metal. biggrin.gif
nsr-jamie
Everyone has their own taste..others may love em or hate em, I wouldn't worry a bit what people say here on the site. People argue about it all the time, years ago I wanted a set so bad, but right now I would never think about using them...they are a cheap and affordable wheel to give you a similar look to the 911 Fuchs wheels with out requiring a five bolt conversion. You can still buy them brand new or even better get good deals on a used set for dirt cheap. Post some pics of your car when you get it done. Cheers
Root_Werks
These I think (If I can remember) were the early 80's like I have on my white 914 now. These rims were in really good shape with 165/80/15's on them so no rolling of the rear fender lip required.

I kinda like this look myself. Sort of look like Porsche 5-lug fuchs.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jun 25 2010, 09:44 AM) *

These I think (If I can remember) were the early 80's like I have on my white 914 now. These rims were in really good shape with 165/80/15's on them so no rolling of the rear fender lip required.

I kinda like this look myself. Sort of look like Porsche 5-lug fuchs.

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.