Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Big Suv parked next to my car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
At the local Starbucks this morning biggrin.gif

His might be faster, but mine looks cooler...
silver74insocal
not to mention the total domination in the how many trunks contest...
Tom_T
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jun 24 2010, 04:38 PM) *

Which Blue is yours? Looks drooley.gif

Isn't the one on the right a true "Not a Real Porsche"???? confused24.gif

... I hear it has a lot of "VW content" - so it cannot REALLY be a Porsche! biggrin.gif

This one had a lot of VW content too - maybe that's what got Jimmie in trouble! shades.gif
Click to view attachment

stirthepot.gif
Kirmizi
And the Cayenne driver probably had no freeking clue what kind of car you have
blink.gif
Mike
'73-914kid
Hey, in the defense of Cayenne drivers, I had a woman pull up next to me at a stoplight and complimented my on having a cool 914.. she said her and her husband had one when they first got married.
Cap'n Krusty
How come nearly every spyder kit car you see is number 130? Or is it always the same car, the guy just gets around?

The Cap'n
Tom
Because cars with the number 130 are faster.!? Cap'n, I'm surprised you were not aware of this. Maybe you were testing us.
LOL,
Tom
70_914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 24 2010, 06:10 PM) *

How come nearly every spyder kit car you see is number 130? Or is it always the same car, the guy just gets around?

The Cap'n

Everybody wishes they were James Dean...

Always been a Steve McQueen fan myself.
oldschool

The Cap'n

Click to view attachment Not this one shades.gif

nsr-jamie
When I had my car shipped from Canada to Japan here a couple of years ago, it arrived with a whole bunch of Huge SUV's....when I went to pick it up at the port of entry it was sandwhiched in between a Hummer H1 and a jacked up Toyota Tundra pickup...they told me my car was over there and I could not even see it...after a closer look I finally found it and it looked almost like a little go cart...the shipping dock guys had a good laugh too. I think they intentionally parked it in between all those big cars coming in from North America...unfortunately I don't have the picture anymore but here is a pic of my car the day I picked it up and you can see all the big SUVs in the background....the hummer H1 towered over it.

IPB Image
VaccaRabite
Hey Joe, how has it been driving that car in all the heat and humidity these past few weeks?

Zach
OneOfThemNARPGuys
QUOTE(oldschool @ Jun 25 2010, 09:51 AM) *

The Cap'n

You had better tell Brant. Dean James is by this trailer, trying to steal his ride! Good way to get your hands chopped off my friend! huh.gif
kkid
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Jun 25 2010, 03:12 AM) *

When I had my car shipped from Canada to Japan here a couple of years ago, it arrived with a whole bunch of Huge SUV's....when I went to pick it up at the port of entry it was sandwhiched in between a Hummer H1 and a jacked up Toyota Tundra pickup...they told me my car was over there and I could not even see it...after a closer look I finally found it and it looked almost like a little go cart...the shipping dock guys had a good laugh too. I think they intentionally parked it in between all those big cars coming in from North America...unfortunately I don't have the picture anymore but here is a pic of my car the day I picked it up and you can see all the big SUVs in the background....the hummer H1 towered over it.

IPB Image

How could H-1 be fit on the tiny roads in Japan? It's bigger than their houses. biggrin.gif

BTW, how easy was it to make your 914 road-worthy(legally) in Japan? I have a brother there and he wants me to send a '60s Mustang faster back from SF Bay.
underthetire
QUOTE(70_914 @ Jun 24 2010, 11:46 PM) *

The Cap'n

Everybody wishes they were James Dean...

Always been a Steve McQueen fan myself.

Did you see Steve McQueen in On Any Sunday? That boy could ride! Saw it on Netflix Streaming again this week.
monkeyboy
Hell yes. My dad used to race back when he did. Anyone who practiced with Malcolm Smith back then was damn fast.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jun 24 2010, 03:38 PM) *

Yes but that light shining off of it is God's light shining off his favorite SUV... biggrin.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(OneOfThemNARPGuys @ Jun 25 2010, 06:29 AM) *

QUOTE(oldschool @ Jun 25 2010, 09:51 AM) *

The Cap'n

You had better tell Brant. Dean James is by this trailer, trying to steal his ride! Good way to get your hands chopped off my friend! huh.gif

lol-2.gif I got his OK some time ago,I'm making him a one off t-shirt. shades.gif
jsayre914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jun 25 2010, 08:13 AM) *

Hey Joe, how has it been driving that car in all the heat and humidity these past few weeks?

Zach

It has been a lot of fun sweat and tears. I usually cruise in to baltimore with no traffic, passing every car i can find(each car you pass gives a little breeze) biggrin.gif

and in the evenings i cruise topless with my shoes off and the neon glow of my crazy stereo jammin loud shades.gif and my headlights are soooo cool. you got to see them at night Zach.

i have been tuning the car almost every day, i am an addict beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.