Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Socket/wrench for chrome lug bolts...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914zim
Dudes:
I am going to be putting on my brand new chrome lug bolts this weekend when I get my new tires put on (woo-hoo!!).
Where can I find a good (soft?) socket of lug wrench that will not marr/scratch up my new lug bolts?
I saw the 22mm one from PP, but it's not recommended for steel (chrome) bolts, only aluminum.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Andy...
Joe Bob
That's all there is....if you wanna be anal about yer nutz....not that it's a BAD thing....use a speed wrench to install then a 6 point socket on a torque wrench.....never use a air tool. The "soft" socket is simply a plastic isnsert inside a larger diameter socket....no great shakes.

Now POLISHED nutz, they can always be buffed on a wheel and look great....
seanery
there's a guy on ebay that sells a kit of 3 sockets. They are pretty nice. Price was good too.
My Auction He doesn't have any listed, but it might be worthwhile to email him to see if he has more.
914zim
Thanks fellas.
Seanery: I just emailed the guy... thanks! Did you get yours get?
Andy...
JeffBowlsby
Then there is the 914club trick of just putting a sandwich baggie over the nut and using a standard socket...

Protects the surfaces just the same...
seanery
Andy,
I do have mine. I'm just waiting for my polished fuchs wheels back to put 'em on.
tat2dphreak
I know this is sorta OT... but does anyone know where to get some decent lug bolts, I just need something that's not hideous or too short... the PO put one of those bugpack "stud kits" on mine... they are too short IMHO...

Discount tire gave me some freebies for my last car, but I was also buying a tire from them... the tires are good on this car, and I don't want to buy tires just to get freebie lug bolts long enough biggrin.gif
914zim
tat2dphreak:
You can have my old set once I change to the new ones (maybe this weekend).
I have Mahle rims and the bolts are the long ones.
They are all in good shape too. I was going to put them up for sale on eBay, but if you could use 'em, they're yours. Let me know if you're interested.
Andy...
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(914zim @ Apr 8 2004, 11:14 AM)
tat2dphreak:
You can have my old set once I change to the new ones (maybe this weekend).
I have Mahle rims and the bolts are the long ones.
They are all in good shape too. I was going to put them up for sale on eBay, but if you could use 'em, they're yours. Let me know if you're interested.
Andy...

definately interested dude! PM me when you are ready, we'll work out something that helps us both! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.