Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 914/6 Steering Column Clamshell
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mharmon
Looking for the steering column clamshell for a 6 (its a bit longer than the one for a 4 I believe). Anyone has an extra one they'd care to part with?

Mike
914Sixer
AutoAtlanta makes reproductions. They have been NLA for many years.
naro914
Mike, do you have a real 6, or is it for a conversion from a 4 to a 6?
mharmon
Its a conversion -but I have a real /6 steering assembly and a real /6 dash frame.

Thanks for your help.
naro914
gotcha.
I asked because I had a 4 shell converted to a 6 style - no key hole - and am working with the guy to sell them to anyone interested.

See pics
mharmon
Hmm. 6's were longer than 4's, right? I don't think that this will help me out, but does look like a good solution for some folks though.
naro914
no, won't help you. The entire insides of column are different. Only fits on a 4 column.

Good luck in your search.
ben*james
I am looking at our leftover parts list for a 914-6 and I see a "New OEM 914-6 steering column 911 clam shells no turn/wiper mechanisms" would that be what you need? I am selling for Ben and can send a photo...Debi

QUOTE(mharmon @ Jun 24 2010, 09:29 PM) *

Looking for the steering column clamshell for a 6 (its a bit longer than the one for a 4 I believe). Anyone has an extra one they'd care to part with?

Mike

type47fan
Photo #1: The cover on the left is early 911 and is practically identical to the 914/6 cover, except for the cut out area.

Photo #2: 911 (for proper orientation, rotate 180 degrees).

Photo #3: 914/6 top half with a 911 bottom half.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.