Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Identify this car for me...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Danief
I saw a car on the free way that looked just like a porsche, like an old 911. I've tried to identify which one exactly but i've had a tough time. It was gray with black trim that came up around the backside, not sure if it had a spoiler, if it did it was very small.

On the back where most say "turbo" in the silver cursive writing in the center, it said something on it that i couldn't read, but it was mounted in the top right corner of it's backside and tilted with some smaller text written underneath. It looked just like the "turbo" handwriting. It was a small car.

I'm pretty sure it was a porsche, but it could be something different. any idea's at all are appreciated.

It looked alot like this one: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/picture...;pictureid=1655

except it had black trim.
70_914
How much more black trim can a car have? That might be the model of 911 with the most black trim.
70_914
Click to view attachment idea.gif

carr914
Maybe a 73 CarreraRS Clone - small bumpers, black tim, long hood, DuckTail with the CarreraRS on the right side of the DuckTail and Porsche lettering at the bottom of the decklid
Root_Werks
QUOTE(70_914 @ Jun 25 2010, 12:03 AM) *

How much more black trim can a car have? That might be the model of 911 with the most black trim.

That picture is an SC for sure, that era of 80's SC's and Carerra's had lots of black accents on them.
underthetire
Well that would be a Porsche in your pic biggrin.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
78-83 euro coupe is the white one.

QUOTE(Danief @ Jun 24 2010, 11:13 PM) *

I saw a car on the free way that looked just like a porsche, like an old 911. I've tried to identify which one exactly but i've had a tough time. It was gray with black trim that came up around the backside, not sure if it had a spoiler, if it did it was very small.

On the back where most say "turbo" in the silver cursive writing in the center, it said something on it that i couldn't read, but it was mounted in the top right corner of it's backside and tilted with some smaller text written underneath. It looked just like the "turbo" handwriting. It was a small car.

I'm pretty sure it was a porsche, but it could be something different. any idea's at all are appreciated.

It looked alot like this one: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/picture...;pictureid=1655

except it had black trim.

mipstien
i like the black trim. im not sure why people always go and put chrome everything on cars looks tacky especially on sports cars.
looks fine on big suv's as long as they don't overdo it.
anderssj
"tilted" text = 1965 912?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.