Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4752907063 Alive!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Vysoc
Hello,

Many thanks for all the great information and advice. After ten years of non movement this one is back on the streets. I purchased her 3 years ago, repainted from original L31M Scarlet Red to 908 Grand Prix White. Sorry to those who liked Scarlet Red and sorry to those who prefer Light Ivory. It started as "I'm just going to use it for Auto-X but as I got into the project it was in such wonderful shape and I really fell in love with it. I now will use it for occasional Auto-X and drive it much more than I do the 911SC I have.....now for sale. Took the big bumpers off and back dated with simple looking and filled in all holes. Original engine had a spun woodruf key on camshaft so that engine is now going to be rebuilt. I bought a donor engine in Tennessee, GA 2.0 that I put a little TLC into it and it runs well so I am now having alot of fun with this car. Replaced all fuel lines with proper FI fuel hose, took gas tank out cleaned and resealed put Chris Foleys stainless fuel lines in center. I painted the car white because I live in Florida, its HOT. I also painted the top white, it really reflects the heat better than I expected.
This really is a fun car to drive it really gives you a great prospective when comparing it with the way other Porsches drive. The car has incredible feedback and is an absolute ball to drive.....but you all know that.

My goal is to drive it up to the MUSR at Tail of the Dragon in October.

Vysoc flag.gif w00t.gif
jaxdream
Did you sand down the top to smooth or just left the pebble grain ??I have a 73 in L80E ( Light Ivory ) and have been contemplating painting the top white for the cooling factor . Looks fantastic , especially with the Enki ( spelling ) wheels. I always liked the look of mesh wheels . wub.gif

Jack / Jaxdream
OneOfThemNARPGuys
IPB Image

That looks great my friend!
Vysoc
I sanded it down to smooth and applied an epoxy primer, turned out just fine. I am very surprised how well it reflects the heat, with the sail panels gone it actually looks good. I am sure the purists would not like this look but I am very happy how the car looks. Simple, White and Black.

Vysoc
Tom
Very nice. Been thinking of getting a second top and painting mine also.
jfort
very nice. i like it. congrats. hard to believe that these cars are 40 years old and still are great
rick 918-S
It looks great! I just scored a set of those wheels!
BigDBass
Nicely done! Where in SW Florida are you? I have a buddy in St. Pete that has had his share of old VWs that I'm trying to lure to the love/hate world of 914 ownership.
DanT
very nice...I have a '75 that is in the middle of resto-mod
L908 with sail panels and top in black.
Black negative Porsche side stripes and polished Fuchs. I am staying with the BUBs for now, I like being just a bit different.
should be done in the next couple of weeks, just waiting on a few items for the final reassembly.

good job biggrin.gif
Vysoc

I live in Bonita Springs and work in Estero. We are South of Fort Myers and North of Naples in Southwest Florida, just a 3 hour boat ride to Key West.

Vysoc shades.gif
jcambo7
Congrats man! drunk.gif Now go drive it! driving.gif
EdwardBlume
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Congrats!

I hope to feel like you very soon! headbang.gif
ripper911
mueba.gif mueba.gif piratenanner.gif rocking nana.gif dancinnanner.gif rocking nana.gif piratenanner.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif
Drive that thing! MDB2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.