Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need to borrow a trailer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gopack
I need to get my car out of McMark's shop now that the body work is done, before the storage fees kill me! any one have a trailer that I can borrow either tomorrow (saturday) or next weekend? send me a PM instead of replying to this tread, as those are easier to check on at work on my new smart phone (they pop right up to the top ad are nice and small already!)

TIA
rick 918-S
QUOTE(gopack @ Jun 25 2010, 08:42 AM) *

I need to get my car out of McMark's shop now that the body work is done, before the storage fees kill me! any one have a trailer that I can borrow either tomorrow (saturday) or next weekend? send me a PM instead of replying to this tread, as those are easier to check on at work on my new smart phone (they pop right up to the top ad are nice and small already!)

TIA

Just a icon_bump.gif for ya! bye1.gif
ConeDodger
Mark, Sorry my trailer is unavailable. It is buried behind other projects in Mark's storage area and when I go to get it, it will require him to pull out all those other projects to get the trailer. If you were to use it and bring it back, Mark would have to wait for you - which inconveniences him - and pull all those projects out to put the trailer back and then put the projects back. This just too much to expect from Mark. Here, he is McMark and just one of the guys but there he makes his living and all of that moving stuff around wastes his time.

Another concern is that your car is apparently uninsured? Yopu is an insurance broker and she says I cannot assume your risk to do you a favor. My inclination is always to help but I have to keep her happy and she is the expert on risk. She says go to UHaul and insure your car - even if just for the day. It is done all the time according to her.
BigDBass
Jeez, Mark! Get that car on the road already!! biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
I've always had good luck with UHaul as the charge you by the day and not the mileage for a trailer.... I pulled off a Livermore to Pleasanton to SLO run round trip in one day and it cost about $50.
underthetire
QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 25 2010, 10:26 AM) *

I've always had good luck with UHaul as the charge you by the day and not the mileage for a trailer.... I pulled off a Livermore to Pleasanton to SLO run round trip in one day and it cost about $50.

agree.gif

And you don't have to f with some ones elses tie downs, or lack thereof,
Mike Bellis
I just picked up a 914 hauler (trailer). I live closer to McMark than Sac. But I don't live between either stop. And I have tie downs poke.gif I could help you next weekend. This weekend I'm trying to fix my rear shocks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.