Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much displacement with original D-Jettronic?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
woodst
Greets from germany!
A couple of weeks ago my 914 moved in. It came from the US and has a GC engine in it. Works fine. Original FI. Lots of fun - as expected.

Now I could get another engine for a very good price.
I'd like to fit other pistons and cylinders with more displacement and leave the original one alone.
Next winter the engines will be swapped and i will have a close look to the original engine and probably overhaul it without sacrifying originality.

Now the question to the pros:
Which displacement will still work well with original intake manifolds, injectors and FI? I'd like to go to 2.4l. All components of the FI should stay in the car, just a bigger engine.
Will it work?

Cheers!
Malte
underthetire
Nope. Even just changing to a more radical cam will mess up the Djet.
welcome.png
TheCabinetmaker
You can use the djet on a 2056 (96mm) with Raby's 9550 cam, and a readjusted MPS. Thats as big as it will go.
woodst
Hmm, not really encouraging.

Are about 100ccm worth the effort? Who can readjust MPS without messing them up?
Maybe I should try a MegaSquirt for my project? I don't like carbs too much, since gas is really expensive in good ole germany.

Thank you very much for your help!!!

Cheers!
Malte
SirAndy
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jun 25 2010, 10:33 AM) *

You can use the djet on a 2056 (96mm) with Raby's 9550 cam, and a readjusted MPS. Thats as big as it will go.

agree.gif

The original D-Jet pretty much falls onto it's face after that. There's just not enough adjustability (is that a word?) in the D-Jet components.

MegaSquirt is an option, but there's really no turn key kit out there. If you are OK with that, you can make it work.

Dave Hunt has been playing with MS on his 2270 and if i recall correctly he is now running SDS injection on it.
Send him a PM, i'm sure he's happy to share some of his experience ...
DNHunt

Viele Grüße aus dem sonnigen Kalifornien!
bye1.gif Andy
Jake Raby
I have a 125HP Djet combo that works very well, 9550 cam, 8:1 CR, LE 180 heads and it rolls very nicely with great tune ability.

Djet is very particular, the wrong cam or too much displacement and you are out of luck.
Krieger
I am running 96 X 78 with a mild Web-Cam, stock intake, modified plenum and larger throttle body for 9 plus years with a lot of hard autocrossing and it is a blast. I think my fuel pressure is 36psi, 425ohm resister in line with head sensor. The engine has been dynoed and there are no lean spots. I have about 120hp and 150# ft. They are correct about a bigger cam not working. There are other posts on this do a search. You can get more HP with a different cam and injection, but then you will probably need a better valve train. My set up is great for operating in the stock RPM range.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.