Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: am i the only one that thinks a nissan cube
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
i drive home late at night every day on the highway. As i drive i like to look miles ahead and try to identify the vehicle by the taillights. as i get closer i see if i was right. (what can i say confused24.gif Im a commuter)

anyway

every time i see the tailights of a cube way off in the distance ... I cant believe it , Its a 914!!! as i get closer.... Damn, its a cube.

is it just me??

here is a pic of each
Krieger
YES!

edit: (you are the only one)
jsayre914
now look at these popcorn[1].gif
Click to view attachment

and now.... confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
NO!
corsepervita
Only up to the lights. From then on it easily is the world's most drivable toaster oven.
TheCabinetmaker
Not no, but HELL no!
DBCooper
Yes, I think you're the only one.
RJMII
Do you get fringe benefits at work?
Steve
HELL NO!!!
IMHO I think that the CUBE is the ugliest car known to man. My wife calls them the BOOM Box, because typically you will see a ricer driving it with some matching giant Bass box in the back. Maybe a box within a box produces more bass?
kkid
You might be tired from work.
But I kind agree with you. Cubes' tail lights are mounted as low as 914 or even lower on the 1st generation. I don't blame you if they looked the same in the dark to you. The shape is almost identical. BTW, I kind like Cube. It can be a cool vehicle depends on who drives.
Shade Tree
I always think the cube looks like it has a comb over. Now that you mention it, I kinda like the tail lights.......Nothing else. barf.gif

IPB ImageIPB Image
Lou W
Ya, from the rear valance down................. verrrry similar blink.gif
eg914
My daughter thinks they look like a Storm Trooper from the rear!
carr914
Dude, you need some glasses or a Toke smoke.gif
tat2dphreak
no, he needs to put down what he's smoking... but in that last pic I kinda like the lights across the back, not the hideous rear valance tho

IPB Image
budman5201
QUOTE(Shade Tree @ Jun 25 2010, 09:28 PM) *

I always think the cube looks like it has a comb over. Now that you mention it, I kinda like the tail lights.......Nothing else. barf.gif

IPB ImageIPB Image

Too funny... av-943.gif
zx-niner
QUOTE(Steve @ Jun 25 2010, 06:56 PM) *

IMHO I think that the CUBE is the ugliest car known to man.

Apparently you missed the Pontiac Aztek from some years ago . . .

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jimtab
TWO but ugly cars...Aztec...jesus, those are ass.....
nsr-jamie
Hey no laughing, my other car is a Nissan cube, they are really nice cars and surprisingly roomy for a compact, not to mention the excellent gas mileage I get and can fit a small motorcycle inside it...my cube is even painted olympia blue.
tat2dphreak
aztec is a beauty queen compared to the honda excrement, err... element...

but the element is nice and roomy inside. so I guess there's that... dunno why it's so roomy, no one would want to ride in one.
jsayre914
i do run a headshop in baltimore...
smoke.gif smoke.gif smoke.gif

but i still think the lights can trick you late at night, they are really low for such a big ride

Mountain914
Not only do I think the cube is ugly and NOT remind me of a 914 - I take extra offense that it's my car you're comparing it to !! chair.gif

barf.gif

I remember in the late 70's, I could identify almost any car just by the headlights or taillights (except big rigs, but I was getting pretty good at those too).

Now I can even seem them in broad daylight and not be able to tell what they are half the time - dang jelly-beans !!
Root_Werks
icon8.gif

Saw one of those "Cubes" driving around over the weekend. What was somebody thinking when they came up with that one? blink.gif
Katmanken
Joe,

Got a spyshot of yer teener AND yer Cube.

Now I know why you think there is a similarity.....
U N S E E N
what exhaust is that on that 914???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.