Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: center console
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mipstien
anyone know where to get a black center console piece the part that is around the shifter?
IPB Image
TheCabinetmaker
Ebay? Craigs list? Classifides here?
charliew
914sixer might have one.
EdwardBlume
What happened to yours? Can you fix / use it with some new vinyl?
Tom_T
Maybe Barber Dave on here, who rebuilds them for charity?
... otherwise add GPR, Parts Heaven, TheSamba to the etc. list above to look.
Grelber
I made a new one. I deleted the heater control, and made one without the cutout. 1/8 inch high density board and vinyl.
914Sixer
None here, all my parts have gone to Barber Dave for charity.
rwilner
QUOTE(Grelber @ Jun 26 2010, 08:19 AM) *

I made a new one. I deleted the heater control, and made one without the cutout. 1/8 inch high density board and vinyl.

agree.gif 1/4" plywood, a little padding, a little vinyl, a jigsaw, and an afternoon, you should be able to make a good one.

Another option might be morph -- he makes replica consoles and might be able to sell you just that piece.

www.914ap.com
mipstien
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jun 25 2010, 10:30 PM) *

Ebay? Craigs list? Classifides here?

i was sorta wondering somewhere besides ebay and craigslist because both of those are empty of this part right now.
i also didn't know what to call this piece so i could 'search' for it in our boards. trust me i tried to find it. i was actually thinking about making one and putting a cup holder in it biggrin.gif
how does it attach? does it just sit there?
mipstien
QUOTE(rwilner @ Jun 26 2010, 08:44 AM) *

QUOTE(Grelber @ Jun 26 2010, 08:19 AM) *

agree.gif 1/4" plywood, a little padding, a little vinyl, a jigsaw, and an afternoon, you should be able to make a good one.

Another option might be morph -- he makes replica consoles and might be able to sell you just that piece.

www.914ap.com

i hadn't seen that web page lots of cool stuff there. bookmarked definantly
Grelber
It just sits in there.
zx-niner
Barber Dave. When I donated my extras there was a lone piece of just the part you want. Of course, he may have needed just that piece, too, to complete a whole console.
mipstien
i can't seem to find anywhere locally that sells vinyl/leather. poo
detoxcowboy
pelican parts sells porsche vinyl and leather by the yard.. make it your self, believe me it is easy, I have made 3 consoles, home depot, material from pelican, I am about to make another this week just because I change out the speakers.. this one pictured is my last make over just before I finished it..

Click to view attachment
mipstien
im gunna get me some black duct tape.... fixes everything right? wink.gif wink.gif

just kidding
detoxcowboy
I put a cig burn in mine the first 3 miles after I bought the car..
TheCabinetmaker
Quit smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!
mipstien
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jun 26 2010, 11:19 AM) *

Quit smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!

agree.gif
Grelber
I get the vinyl at the local fabric store (for sewing cloth). They have a large selection, and you can match the grain up fairly close. It's also pretty cheap as well.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Alright, very easy to make it yourself. Like what was said before, 1/4 inch

plywood , is O.K. I like basswood easier to work with , you need one for a

template. Radius all edges, fabric stores sell foam padding and the vinyl.

Glue padding to the cut out board , I do just the top ,then vinyl, make the correct cuts and glue edges to the underside.
Part of a deck of cards is good to hold the inside of the slot for the heater defrost lever. I use reg. upholstery spray glue, do 1 side at a time pulling tight and a heavy book as a weight. takes about 1/2 hr. to dry.
If you need futher help P.M. me Dave slap.gif
poorsche914
I found an extra one so you can have one of mine. Has a dime sized melted area just above the shift lever but is otherwise in good condition. Will even include the pricey defrost piece. smile.gif
Come by when you get a chance.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.