Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Barret- Jackson this weekend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Anyone attending this first Barret-Jackson scheduled for three days at the fairgrounds in Costa Mesa ?
jim_hoyland
See: http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/orangecounty/

There is a list of cars pre-registered for the auction available

There's an archive of past sales, including a dozen, 914s. You can see what they went for-pretty interesting:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application...ivecarlist.aspx
Lou W
Saw it on TV, sure would like to attend one someday. smile.gif
ahdoman
Jim - Were you there yesterday? I was watching a bit. They did a pan shot of the crowd and I thought I saw you.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(ahdoman @ Jun 26 2010, 09:46 AM) *

Jim - Were you there yesterday? I was watching a bit. They did a pan shot of the crowd and I thought I saw you.

smile.gif Not me; see any cars you liked ?
Drums66
....A person with some righteous ducats.....
could legally steal something......stopped in and looked for
awhile.....cool man!Ya smilie_pokal.gif bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif
monkeyboy
I was there on Friday. I really didn't think it would be interesting, but I got a hold of some free tickets and took my dad. It was pretty awesome. There is a lot more going on than just the auction. Lots of vendors, lots of demo's from Ford and Chevy, and lots of cool cars.

I would highly recommend you go if you ever get a chance. It's like heaven for a car guy, and they spare no expense making an experience out of it.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(monkeyboy @ Jun 26 2010, 06:35 PM) *

I was there on Friday. I really didn't think it would be interesting, but I got a hold of some free tickets and took my dad. It was pretty awesome. There is a lot more going on than just the auction. Lots of vendors, lots of demo's from Ford and Chevy, and lots of cool cars.

I would highly recommend you go if you ever get a chance. It's like heaven for a car guy, and they spare no expense making an experience out of it.

How were the crowds / parking ?
GeorgeRud
I attended Barret-Jackson in Scottsdale, AZ back in January, and highly reccommend the experience. Even though there were lots are cars that didn't do all that much for me, the shear size and variety of the cars presented makes for a great outing. If there other events are anything near the Scottsdale auction, it's worth making the trip.
T H O M A S
went there today with dan,his wife got us some VIP passes,that PANAMERA was sweet($229000showspecial)
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(T H O M A S @ Jun 26 2010, 09:03 PM) *

went there today with dan,his wife got us some VIP passes,that PANAMERA was sweet($229000showspecial)
And you didn't call me????

Andyrew
Orange914 sold his Mustang GTA today, got a LOT of airtime!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QVQoFtvupE...e=youtube_gdata

Im sure he'll put a Big post later about it but just wanted to put this up!
'73-914kid
I worked there this weekend. I was with UberWurx and the dupont Registry. We were responsible for keeping the 16 dR cars clean and dust free with moderate success. I'm sure if you stopped by the tent to pick up a magazine, you saw me.

The crowds on Saturday were somewhat insane for us at the booth. Lots of questions, and lots of dust since the cars were parked on dirt.

I managed to run into another 914 guy at the GM corral while we were getting in to test drive a cadilac CTS.. Gentleman had a white V8 conversion car.

Got to see a 935 replica go on the block. Not a bad looking car. Overall, many cars went for a lot less than what they were worse... sigh.. econmy is still not great for the auto market.
orange914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 26 2010, 10:49 PM) *

Orange914 sold his Mustang GTA today, got a LOT of airtime!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QVQoFtvupE...e=youtube_gdata

Im sure he'll put a Big post later about it but just wanted to put this up!

thanks, andrew, i need to get back to you about the recording.

what a ride! an experiance to remember, barrett-jackson was awsome to us, almost embarassing. biggrin.gif deinately cool to be part of the first l.a. show. i'll post abit later

mike
Andyrew
Mike, We have the high quality video on the recorder, just trying to figure a way to get it on the PC so we can convert it to DVD. Dads almost got it figured out. I'll keep you posted and keep Andy posted. Your more than welcome to come over and watch it in the mean time!!

Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(T H O M A S @ Jun 26 2010, 09:03 PM) *

And you DIDN'T CALL ME??
T H O M A S
get over it biggrin.gif
Cap'n Krusty
It's a sad day indeed when an auction passes for entertainment. Kinda like NASCAR, only not moving. Speed TV is a freakin' JOKE! As for the buyers, "A fool and his money ..........."

The Cap'n
Drums66
And don't forget bye1.gif ....The proceed's all went for a very
very good cause(M.S society) a very very bad disease!! WTF.gif

P.S. Oh ya.....and what an experience.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.