Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to buy new Porsche 924/944/968 seatbelts & recievers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nürburg Nomad
Pretty much self explanatory, I intend to replace the factory retractable belts in my 914 with factory Porsche 924/944/968 type (all the same to my knowledge) seatbelts and recievers. Just FYI my 72 is a few VIN numbers after the factory switched to retractable over fixed 3-point seatbelts so I shouldn't have much of any difficulty mounting them.

You'd think it would be easy to find some factory Porsche parts or at least the part numbers but after extensive searching I'm only able to locate countless businesses that re-web factory 944 type seatbelts. Naturally 944 forums don't mention it since there's little need to replace seatbelts that already function unlike our floppy 914 belts! huh.gif

Also, I only intend to buy 100% brand new since seat belts out of a wrecked/salvage car are no good, and even those in "good" shape from a well taken care of car will have the webbing broken down from UV exposure, heat & cold etc...

Thanks for everyones help! Heres to making my 914 one of the best in the Mid-West! drooley.gif
McMark
Head to the Porsche website and download the 944 PET. It'll have what you need. cool.gif
davesprinkle
You can make your 914 belts retract. The biggest issue is that the webbing rubs on the sides of the stamped steel mounting plates. If you loosen the retractor mounting bolts, you can adjust the webbing guide loop so that the web rolls into a spool that doesn't contact the mounting plate. This solved all my belt problems. Now they retract like new.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have both the new 944 924 units as well as new old stock 914 factory original seatbelts.

In fact we have a fairly vast inventory of 924 and 944 parts.

QUOTE(Nürburg Nomad @ Jun 25 2010, 08:30 PM) *

Pretty much self explanatory, I intend to replace the factory retractable belts in my 914 with factory Porsche 924/944/968 type (all the same to my knowledge) seatbelts and recievers. Just FYI my 72 is a few VIN numbers after the factory switched to retractable over fixed 3-point seatbelts so I shouldn't have much of any difficulty mounting them.

You'd think it would be easy to find some factory Porsche parts or at least the part numbers but after extensive searching I'm only able to locate countless businesses that re-web factory 944 type seatbelts. Naturally 944 forums don't mention it since there's little need to replace seatbelts that already function unlike our floppy 914 belts! huh.gif

Also, I only intend to buy 100% brand new since seat belts out of a wrecked/salvage car are no good, and even those in "good" shape from a well taken care of car will have the webbing broken down from UV exposure, heat & cold etc...

Thanks for everyones help! Heres to making my 914 one of the best in the Mid-West! drooley.gif

Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jun 26 2010, 12:43 PM) *

we have both the new 944 924 units as well as new old stock 914 factory original seatbelts.

In fact we have a fairly vast inventory of 924 and 944 parts.

QUOTE(Nürburg Nomad @ Jun 25 2010, 08:30 PM) *

WOOT! That's what I wanted to hear... I'll be giving AA a call later today then, I hope you guys have the 944 front seat belt recievers also?!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.