Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Testing the reverse switch?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
The backup lights don't word so how can I test the switch on the transmission while it's in the transmission?
Cap'n Krusty
Jack up the car, put it on jackstands, put the car in reverse and unplug the wires from the B/U light switch. Put an ohm meter across the terminals of the switch. If it reads continuity, the switch and the pin are good, if not, one of those 2 things is bad. Mostly it's the pin, IME. You can then pull the switch out of the tranny and push in the center and see if you get a reading. With the key on you can touch the wires together and see if the lights come on. If you have a pertronix, you'll want to have the coil unplugged for this one.

The Cap'n
bandjoey
Thanks Cap'n. Easy test and exactly what i needed to know. Glad U don't like Italian cars. biggrin.gif
Drums66
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jun 25 2010, 09:45 PM) *

Thanks Cap'n. Easy test and exactly what i needed to know. Glad U don't like Italian cars. biggrin.gif

never met a man that did'nt like.......Ferrari,vrrrrooom!!!
biggrin.gif
bandjoey
As long as Cap'n keeps working on 914's... piratenanner.gif
rwilner
My reverse lights are also not working. Anyone have a pic of where this switch is located on the tranny?
AvalonFal
QUOTE(rwilner @ Jun 28 2010, 07:59 AM) *

My reverse lights are also not working. Anyone have a pic of where this switch is located on the tranny?

On my '74, the switch is screwed into the trans in the bottom right part of the pic with the protective black rubber boot and the wiring.

Paul

Click to view attachment
jt914-6
Driver's side, near CV, above side shift on '73-up/converted trannys......under boot if you still have one.....

Click to view attachment
rwilner
Thanks gentlemen.

Paul, that is one clean looking ride!

JT -- is that a hanger for a KH header (or equivalent)?
jt914-6
QUOTE(rwilner @ Jun 28 2010, 07:46 AM) *

Thanks gentlemen.

Paul, that is one clean looking ride!

JT -- is that a hanger for a KH header (or equivalent)?

I'm using European Racing Headers Jet Hot coated with O2's and an enrichment meter....It's a 3.0 six....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.