Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: July/August COTM Nomination Time! This is for our female members
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
Let's nominate another one of our 914Gurls! We have several 914 female owners with great cars!

The first five cars owned by one of our female members nominated (and seconded) will be be on the ballot. The winning car will be featured on the homepage during May/June. Also, the winner will receive a snazzy award-graphic for their member profile!!

Nomination Procedures

1. Example: Someone nominates (hypothetically) Betty's 1974 1.8 as COTM. Short narratives and/or details are not only allowed - they're encouraged!
2. The nomination must include the member's Board name and a picture of the car or a link to their 914World blog.
3. Someone else seconds that nomination for Betty's car (at this point, the nomination is official).
4. Once five cars have been nominated and seconded to be COTM, the nominations are complete.
5. Next, voting! (Please be fair. One vote per person, please. Don't use/register multiple accounts to cheat.)

Contest Rules

1. For the purpose of this contest, a "914" is defined as a car that started life and still retains the general shape and characteristics of a 914. (see previous postings for details)
2. Also, to be eligible for nomination, the car must be owned by an 914World Member. Because we want to preserve these pictures in the thread, please post the pictures here or link to an existing 914world thread/blog image. Do not link to pictures on external sites or photo hosting services.
3. The Admin team will open a separate thread for nominations before the beginning of the month. All COTM nominations must be "seconded" by another member. Once five COTM nominations that are seconded, nominations will be closed.
4. Any active (defined as at least 5 posts in the last month) 914World member may nominate any active member. The nomination must include the member's Board name and a picture of the car or a link to their 914World blog.
5. No self-nominations, please.
6. We will open a thread for to vote for COTM. Voting will last 10 calendar days! The car with the greatest number of votes wins COTM!
7. Once a car wins Car of the Month, that car is not eligible to win again until the next calendar year.
8. A member fortunate enough to have two or more stunning cars may win multiple times a year - it's really the car that wins COTM, not the member.
9. These rules will be upheld at the discretion of the admin team. If you have a concern about a possible infraction, PM Rick, don't post publicly.

1) Buttercup- Mary Shortridge

2) Toast- Melba Davis

3) Turtle Girl- Liz Ortiz (I can vouch for Liz. I visted her and Nico a ccouple months ago)

4) Betty Perrine (forgot her screen name sorry Betty..)

5) lynn478co- Val
JRust
I nominate Buttercup. I think Mary's screen name is Mary Shortridge blink.gif
montoya 73 2.0
I nominate Melba Davis (Toast).

Click to view attachment
ottox914
I'm liking this already... the first 2 cars up are both very yellow.
StratPlayer
I nominate Turtle Girl,,, haven't seen her on the site for a long time, not even sure if she still has this car, its a beauty.
McMark
Second TurtleGirl! thumb3d.gif

Anything but yellow... poke.gif lol2.gif
tat2dphreak
I second Buttercup!
craig downs
A 2nd Toasty
RJMII
I nominate Bovey for second place... poke.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(RJMII @ Jun 26 2010, 10:26 AM) *

Harsh, but i second that!

biggrin.gif Andy
JRust
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 26 2010, 01:16 PM) *

QUOTE(RJMII @ Jun 26 2010, 10:26 AM) *

Harsh, but i second that!

biggrin.gif Andy

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif
PeeGreen 914
Now is that nice? dry.gif lol-2.gif

I don't even own my 914 anymore and I'm still second place confused24.gif
carr914
Jon, typically no one remembers who comes in 2nd, but we make an exception for you.

Now if you start wearing a skirt, you might have a chance this month
Tom
Voting isn't over, Jon can still win! biggrin.gif
Tom
bandjoey
Can anyone confirm Turtle Girl is still a Teener, and that she doesn't always try to drive her car sitting backwards? driving-girl.gif
Must be present(ly an owner) to win should be a standing rule.
bandjoey
I'll nominate BETTY, although I think Rick already did, in which case I second his nomination and in case he really didn't then I nominate her. She's probably been driving her 914 as a daily driver longer than most. It's been through multiple rebuilds, burned down almost to the ground, and it's still a great looking original car. Clay wanted to put a hopped up motor in last month, but she wanted to keep the original 1.8 cause it's 'family'.

Here's her car and mechanic... betty914.jpg someone probably can post a better pic. Thanks
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jun 27 2010, 07:57 PM) *

Can anyone confirm Turtle Girl is still a Teener, and that she doesn't always try to drive her car sitting backwards? driving-girl.gif

From what I am told she has a few 914s but you are correct that it is the car that is being voted on. The one she is in looks nice to me smile.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jun 27 2010, 10:12 PM) *

I'll nominate BETTY, although I think Rick already did, in which case I second his nomination and in case he really didn't then I nominate her. She's probably been driving her 914 as a daily driver longer than most. It's been through multiple rebuilds, burned down almost to the ground, and it's still a great looking original car. Clay wanted to put a hopped up motor in last month, but she wanted to keep the original 1.8 cause it's 'family'.

Here's her car and mechanic... betty914.jpg someone probably can post a better pic. Thanks

I don't nominate because I'm running the COTM thing and I only get one vote like the rest of you all. Someone will need to second this nomination. The rules I posted are cut and pasted over every time. Betty is the example every time. Of course I tweeked the text a little for the girls nominations but otherwise it's the same text every time.

We have three nominations confirmed! We need two more! We have other women here with nice cars. How about that girl in Colorado?... shades.gif
jt914-6
I second Betty's car..... biggrin.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jun 27 2010, 07:57 PM) *

She still owns it.
RJMII
I nominate Val... (I forger her username here)

I don't know which of the 7 cars is actually hers, but I know it's one of the nicer two.

rick 918-S
One nomination left. What about that GT girl? You guys are slackers!
Sleepin
I will second Val (lynn478co):

IPB Image
IPB Image

She is not very active on this board (I make up for her slackfulness...seems she is busy making a baby at this moment), but she is still fairly active on ClubNARP.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jun 28 2010, 09:12 PM) *

I will second Val (lynn478co):

IPB Image
IPB Image

She is not very active on this board (I make up for her slackfulness...seems she is busy making a baby at this moment), but she is still fairly active on ClubNARP.

I'd vote for her just because of the cutie in the passenger seat. Is that cheating? confused24.gif
rick 918-S
Nominations are over kids! Look for the voting pole later!
ClayPerrine
Being her chief (and only) mechanic, I am a bit biased so I won't second the nomination. But I will post Betty's two favorite pictures of the Frodster (AKA Frody, AKA Froderick).

Click to view attachment

This one is her wallpaper on her computer.

Click to view attachment

And this one is on our Fridge with magnets. No, the paint is not mottled, it is shadows from the light coming through the trees.

FYI.. Frody has well over 300K on the odometer, and that is not counting the various times the odo wasn't working. He has very good working AC, and is still her daily driver and AX car (well.. not right now, I am in the middle of the 4th engine rebuild).
Sleepin
I will step aside and second Betty if I need to. Her car is MUCH nicer! biggrin.gif
tat2dphreak
Betty's car is one of the nicest, most original cars I've ever seen. well deserving of COTM!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.