Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: has this happened to anyone?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixers34926
when i turn the key i only get power if the key is turned at just the right place if that makes any sense. If i turn it to crank i have no power, no light no guages, no fuel pump, no starter no nothing. has anyone ever heard or seen this? any ideas what could be faulty?
detoxcowboy
ignition switch faulty.. they seem to crap out often enough.. the key itself turns free so I would definately try another ignition switch..
sixers34926
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Jun 26 2010, 06:15 PM) *

ignition switch faulty.. they seem to crap out often enough.. the key itself turns free so I would definately try another ignition switch..

ok i was kinda leaning towards a new one. could that be the reason i cant get any power to lights and everything too?
Kirmizi
Yes, just be sure to replace it with an OEM unit and not one of the cheapos. smile.gif
Mike
sixers34926
QUOTE(Kirmizi @ Jun 26 2010, 06:28 PM) *

Yes, just be sure to replace it with an OEM unit and not one of the cheapos. smile.gif
Mike

is the one from pelican oem?
Kirmizi
I don't think so. I ordered my "first" replacement from them and it caused more headaches than I started with. I bought an OEM from GPR, problems solved.
Mike
sixers34926
QUOTE(Kirmizi @ Jun 26 2010, 06:48 PM) *

I don't think so. I ordered my "first" replacement from them and it caused more headaches than I started with. I bought an OEM from GPR, problems solved.
Mike

ok thanks for the help!
bandjoey
You probably don't need the entire switch. It's the plastic OEM electrical part on the back of the switch that goes out. You can get that from a half dozen sources.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.