Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shift linkage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
damnfiknow
Going thru replacing the busings etc of shift linkage on 75. Installed firewall, shift rod, ball cup bushings. Have a new pilot bearing and trying to get up the nerve to put it in. Sounds easy in the Haynes book.
When ordering the parts , I just checked all I saw in the bushings section. Received one IDed as Pivot Bushing. Where does it go? Only pivot I can think of is where the release bearing lever fits to the housing.
GeorgeRud
That's where it goes. Also, check your motor and transmission mounts as they also affect the shifting.

Good luck on your project.
jaxdream
If ya gonna pull the tranny to do a pilot bearing , might as well do the flywheel seals and the trans input shaft seals , and that piviot bushing also . When you're done , you'll know that all is good for a long time, oh yeah might as well do the release bearing while in there , and there is the ..................
stirthepot.gif
Jack / Jaxdream
xperu
QUOTE(damnfiknow @ Jun 27 2010, 10:03 PM) *

Going thru replacing the busings etc of shift linkage on 75. Installed firewall, shift rod, ball cup bushings. Have a new pilot bearing and trying to get up the nerve to put it in. Sounds easy in the Haynes book.
When ordering the parts , I just checked all I saw in the bushings section. Received one IDed as Pivot Bushing. Where does it go? Only pivot I can think of is where the release bearing lever fits to the housing.

I just replaced the bushings in the coupling at the firewall where the where the shift rods connect along with the tapper screw. I had forgotten about it when changing all my other bushings and was caught by surprised when they fell apart into small pieces after 35 yrs. and I had no shifting whatsoever. I bought everything from AutoAtlanta. What part of Texas do you live? I'm in League City, south of Houston. Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.