Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash frame question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bugsy0
The dashboard frame on my car is signal orange but the car's factory color is tangerine. I assume this means the dash has been replaced but I see no reason why a PO would have done this. Could porsche have installed this mismatched dash frame color?
EdwardBlume
Likely they ARE matched. The colors of the dash vary. I believe its the chassis number that matters...
markb
Dash frames were painted a bunch at a time with whatever paint happened to be in the gun, before it was installed in the car. Very common for it to be a different color that the body.
bugsy0
Interesting... thanks guys.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
no way. The dashes are always different colors, what ever they had at the time. sprayed over black.

QUOTE(bugsy0 @ Jun 28 2010, 02:28 PM) *

The dashboard frame on my car is signal orange but the car's factory color is tangerine. I assume this means the dash has been replaced but I see no reason why a PO would have done this. Could porsche have installed this mismatched dash frame color?

bugsy0
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jun 28 2010, 03:56 PM) *

no way. The dashes are always different colors, what ever they had at the time. sprayed over black.

QUOTE(bugsy0 @ Jun 28 2010, 02:28 PM) *

Yep, that's what it looks like - an "adequate" signal orange layer sprayed over black.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.