Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: which lug nuts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jerry75914
Hello all!

I have a '75 with Fuch wheels. I have 38mm lug nuts in the rear, and 25mm lug nuts in the front. Can I go to 38mm all around? 25mm in the front just doesn't seem to get much bite on the hub....

thanks!
Tom_T
QUOTE(Jerry75914 @ Jun 28 2010, 05:12 PM) *

Hello all!

I have a '75 with Fuch wheels. I have 38mm lug nuts in the rear, and 25mm lug nuts in the front. Can I go to 38mm all around? 25mm in the front just doesn't seem to get much bite on the hub....

thanks!

Per Porsche the proper & safe OEM fitment is supposed to be 38 mm stock for that very reason - the 25's are too short & some DAPO shortchanged it up front on yours!

Download the 914 PET parts catalog from the Porsche website under the Classics section, get the correct lug screw (bolt) part no. & either order the Porsche part at $18+/- each, or you can get aftermarket chromed ones with the proper acorn head & lagged top (space without threads) from a vendor in San Antonio TX on TheSamba!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=753309

No connection myself, but others on here have them on their 914s.
DanT
I was under the impression that all Porsche wheels/lugs were ball seat not acorn.... confused24.gif

regardless, they should be 38mm for stock factory Fuchs wheels....like this
DanT
do the back of your wheels have these markings?

if not they are aftermarket and have a thinner flange where the lug bolts go thru the wheel...
DanT
and
Jerry75914
thank you for the replies! I have the wheels back on the car, so I'll check for the markings once my next batch of parts arrives. needed to replece the rotors, ties rods, ball joints, shocks, bushings...you know...everything...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.