Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Way OT: Bigger Dance 2004
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RustyWa
This has always been a popular office pool game every year at my office. It is based on the NCAA Basketball Championship tournament. But this is the one for the NON-SPORTS fans. It's based on famous women instead of basketball teams. Hence the title, "Queen of the Hardwood". If memory serves me, they pick famous women from different catagories; Movies, TV, Music and Models.

It is put on every year by a local sports radio station, KJR-AM. Last year I think they got something like 18,000 participants. How it works is they have two "teams" match up. They take calls from the public for like 1 minute, the team with the most points wins and moves on to the next round. Very simple.

The person with the most points at the end of the tournament, wins a trip for 2 to ANY sporting event in the world. To see all the rules, check them out at the website I'll list below.

I've set up an "office pool" for 914World.com. Of course this is a non-sanctioned pool. If you would like to play, I've included a link below.

The pool name is:
914World.com

The pool password is:
pmainc

http://games.kjram.com/BD2004/Public/default.asp

You will have to set up an account first, my suggestion would be to use your 914Club username so everyone else can see who is who in the office pool standings. Then, once you have an account, join the office pool and fill out your bracket.

Tip off for the first match is April 15 at 6:50am PST

Matches are held at 6:50am, 7:50am, 8:50am and 9:50am.

I'll try to answer questions as they come up.
RustyWa
Here is a pic of the bracket. A pdf file can be downloaded from the KJRAM.com website..
dinomium
I am in!
So what do we get when I win? A date with the Queen?

lol2.gif beer3.gif
RustyWa
How about a sticker for whatever the going rate is? I'll pick up shipping. mueba.gif

Getting a prize for the "office pool" winner would be great! But don't look at me.. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.