Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: July/August COTM! Voting is over.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
Picture #1

Click to view attachment

Picture #2

Click to view attachment

Picture #3

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Picture #4

Click to view attachment

Picture #5

Click to view attachment
Nürburg Nomad
So if 2, 3, or 4 win will we be using a freshly taken high-res photos for the main page?

As a professional photographer I'm cringing at the low-res images and framing on some of these photos... I'd volunteer my services to the winner for a free photo shoot but everyone seems to be out west! sad.gif

Heh well either way, may the best (or at least most aesthetically pleasing) 914 win! biggrin.gif
montoya 73 2.0
Voted for #5 (Toast). Love that car!
KELTY360
There are no wrong answers to this vote. Each one has it's own merits.

I voted for #2. Buttercup is a tribute to her former owner, a tribe member we never knew. She is a tribute to her current owner who allowed a bunch of crazy strangers to guide and assist her in the complex process of staging a restoration. She is also a tribute to the 914World community who donated parts, time, $$$, affection, advice and good humor to pull together a project that could have foundered for years.

On top of all that, Buttercup is one beautiful 914! smilie_pokal.gif

Her story is a living testament to the generosity, compassion and expertise of this remarkable community.
bandjoey
Common guys. No4 has Mustang wheels. happy11.gif
jmill
They are all great looking. Tough choice here. I had to go with #5 because I think I recognize that rock. Is that red rock in Sedona?
burton73
Click to view attachment
jmill
Now it looks like any other big rock. I might have to change my vote. idea.gif
rickthejetman
I voted for number 4 beautiful car and i love the wheels. not just the same ol fuchs
azbill
I'm tired of yellow and orange. The light blue is a nice change. We all need change
charliew
I guess the light blue one is just as nice as the white one.
ME733
......What the heck is going on....when I went to this survey....their were only FOUR ---(4)----914,s.................the 5th, sunflower 914 was shown in a post about..six-(6)- comments down.............Is their FOUL PLAY going on here?................Well I,ve been back to this posting 2-3 times and the 5TH photo is now showing up---as 5th- correctly now......
Drums66

Picture #3

Click to view attachment
[/quote]

...And my vote had nothing to do with the landscape! bye1.gif
OneOfThemNARPGuys
#3 Makes my camels hump! IPB Image

PCA Parade Aspen '78 shirt too! I was not there....but it sounded like good time! beerchug.gif

SLITS
Was Lizs' car ever fixed after the 2006 incident?

And Eric ... quit the self-promotion ... you're in enough shit the way it is.
Mary Shortridge
Buttercup and I just drove to Nebraska for the first time since she was resurrected by 914world members. (400+ miles total) Along the way we stopped for Lee's friends, Glenn and Arlyn Jones, to drive her for the first time since her rebirth. We took her to the cemetery, but I really felt Lee was grinning from ear to ear the entire trip. Then on to Aurora for dad to share her with some of his friends. We gave several rides. Then on to Lincoln, for more rides with family members. There will be more photo ops, but for now I will share photos of Arlyn and Glenn. The odometer turned over 1000 miles before I got to Lincoln. This car brings sunshine and makes people smile wherever she goes! smile.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Jul 2 2010, 08:04 PM) *

Buttercup and I just drove to Nebraska for the first time since she was resurrected by 914world members. (400+ miles total) Along the way we stopped for Lee's friends, Glenn and Arlyn Jones, to drive her for the first time since her rebirth. We took her to the cemetery, but I really felt Lee was grinning from ear to ear the entire trip. Then on to Aurora for dad to share her with some of his friends. We gave several rides. Then on to Lincoln, for more rides with family members. There will be more photo ops, but for now I will share photos of Arlyn and Glenn. The odometer turned over 1000 miles before I got to Lincoln. This car brings sunshine and makes people smile wherever she goes! smile.gif

They just don't get much better than this! Got my vote!
Sleepin
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 2 2010, 05:23 PM) *

Liz's car was at Rt66 '08 dumbass.gif

Self promoting? I didn't even vote for our car.... finger.gif smoke.gif bye1.gif biggrin.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jul 2 2010, 10:22 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 2 2010, 05:23 PM) *

Liz's car was at Rt66 '08 dumbass.gif

Self promoting? I didn't even vote for our car.... finger.gif smoke.gif bye1.gif biggrin.gif

It wasn't the COTM I was referring to ...... av-943.gif

And, being old, I just didn't remember whether it got fixed. Who are you and why did you answer the question?
VaccaRabite
Gotta vote for Buttercup. ya just gotta!

Zach
KELTY360
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 3 2010, 09:48 PM) *

Zach

agree.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jul 3 2010, 11:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 3 2010, 09:48 PM) *

Zach

agree.gif

agree.gif
Mary Shortridge
To follow is the text I have planned for a 20x30" board, that will be displayed with Buttercup at car shows. Thought you should know....

Buttercup was purchased by Lee Cyr in 1991, at a garage sale in Boulder, CO. She was already named “Buttercup” when he bought her. Lee drove her for several years, then parked her, always dreaming of restoring her. In 2008 Lee began to plan for the upcoming restoration that his friends would help him with, but sadly that dream was cut short when Lee was killed in a car accident.
Lee’s family could not bear to throw away the now-rusty, broken little yellow car. Buttercup was WAY beyond rescuing, but Lee’s dream would not die. Restoration began in Garden City, KS, but the project soon overwhelmed his family. This special car is not common enough to make restoration simple.
The search for information on the internet lead to 914World, where Mary posted a thread stating what she was trying to do. Quickly the members rallied together to help, and began to resurrect Lee’s dream.
At last count, 66 people, from 26 states and two countries, participated in making Lee’s dream a reality.
Several members journeyed to Garden City to look over the project and determine what needed to be done. One member came from PA came to KS to overhaul the transmission. Several members came to prepare for “the build”, compiling yet another list of parts and list of what needed to be done, before “the build” took place on the weekend of February 19-21, 2010. 7 members of 914World, 2 of Lee’s friends from NE, and Lee’s family gathered in Luke and Rena Schweiterman’s shop to put Buttercup back together again.
The help and generosity of the people of 914world.com is a story that is beyond comprehension. It is now the dream of Lee’s family that Buttercup share this amazing story of what complete strangers were willing to do, to save another one of these cars that they so dearly love, in honor of a “brother” that they had never met.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Jul 4 2010, 10:25 PM) *

To follow is the text I have planned for a 20x30" board, that will be displayed with Buttercup at car shows. Thought you should know....

Buttercup was purchased by Lee Cyr in 1991, at a garage sale in Boulder, CO. She was already named “Buttercup” when he bought her. Lee drove her for several years, then parked her, always dreaming of restoring her. In 2008 Lee began to plan for the upcoming restoration that his friends would help him with, but sadly that dream was cut short when Lee was killed in a car accident.
Lee’s family could not bear to throw away the now-rusty, broken little yellow car. Buttercup was WAY beyond rescuing, but Lee’s dream would not die. Restoration began in Garden City, KS, but the project soon overwhelmed his family. This special car is not common enough to make restoration simple.
The search for information on the internet lead to 914World, where Mary posted a thread stating what she was trying to do. Quickly the members rallied together to help, and began to resurrect Lee’s dream.
At last count, 66 people, from 26 states and two countries, participated in making Lee’s dream a reality.
Several members journeyed to Garden City to look over the project and determine what needed to be done. One member came from PA came to KS to overhaul the transmission. Several members came to prepare for “the build”, compiling yet another list of parts and list of what needed to be done, before “the build” took place on the weekend of February 19-21, 2010. 7 members of 914World, 2 of Lee’s friends from NE, and Lee’s family gathered in Luke and Rena Schweiterman’s shop to put Buttercup back together again.
The help and generosity of the people of 914world.com is a story that is beyond comprehension. It is now the dream of Lee’s family that Buttercup share this amazing story of what complete strangers were willing to do, to save another one of these cars that they so dearly love, in honor of a “brother” that they had never met.

Insert tear shedding smiley here.
pray.gif
Mary Shortridge

[/quote]
pray.gif
[/quote]

Supposed to make you proud. You should be....
hot_shoe914
[quote name='Mary Shortridge' date='Jul 5 2010, 07:25 AM' post='1339461']
[/quote]
pray.gif
[/quote]

Supposed to make you proud. You should be....
[/quote]
Anyone who had anything to do with the Buttercup ressurection can't help but to be proud and humbled by the experience.
rick 918-S
Votings over! Can we get an admin to lock this down? Stay tuned for the new COTM. It's alway a tough choice. Thanks everyone for voting!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.