Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sold my mustang @ barrett-jackson this weekend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
well it's gone after a slow restoration & 22 years of owning it. sad.gif

it took up the last several months of our lives here on the homefront dealing with getting it all ready and set to go. but more time for the 914 now, right?

the market was really showing in most of the sales stromberg.gif i did however get a good new owner for it, so it seems in good hands

i'm still spinning about the attention barrett-jackson gave the car, myself and family, it was increadable. everyone one of them were awsome. i meet the owner of swiss tracks, a barrett sponsor at breakfast the first morning. his family showed us around since we didn't have much of a clue.

some of you know i had a motor cycle injury several years ago and that was the main reason for selling the mustang. that said, without knowing, randy set up an interview with steve davis (b.j. president) & also the speed channel (not sure when it'll air). WHAT A RIDE. abit overwhelming and embarassing. both my sons, andy and kenny got to drive the car on stage. they wanted the wife & i along with randy and his family (swiss tracks) to come up too. the others where the family of the detailer/transporter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QVQoFtvupE...e=youtube_gdata

oh yeah, another cool thing is jeniffer shreeves of the carroll shelby foundation got involved also and there is a possiblity of me getting involved with thier foundation work! i had met carroll shelby in '05, and for months before the auction, was pestering her happy11.gif to help involve him in the sale... no go...oh well laugh.gif

mike beerchug.gif
Tom
Nice car, and I'm not a Ford guy!
Sorry you had to let her go, but it looks like you had a great experience.
Tom
G Man
I traded off my Mustang years ago. Dumbest move I ever made. I built this car from a gutted hulk that my employer had bought for his daughter to fix up. She tore it apart and got board with the project. Took me about ten years to get it where I wanted it. I really want to get another some day but the prices have gone crazy for fastbacks. I really miss that car. Congrats on the sale. aktion035.gif
Drums66
......Very sanitary,we could've eaten lunch off of your engine
compartment laugh.gif hope everything worked out like you wanted? aktion035.gif
bye1.gif ( and I am a Ford person)
orange914
thanks guys smile.gif

it IS a buyers market right now thats fo sho...
a j code ca. special, with fac. air, 2nd paint unmod. driver when for 14.5k and a beautiful, fully restored 67 ca. special went for 22k!

thats why b.j. sets you up free to bid if your selling a car.

tempting!
aircooledtechguy
It's been over 3.5 years since I've had TV at my house so it's been a while since my last BJ auction viewing. . . Buyers market is right!! I would have expected a Mustang of that caliber to go for much, much more. . .

You seem to be o.k. with it though, so congrats on the sale.
Tom_T
QUOTE(orange914 @ Jun 29 2010, 12:04 PM) *

thanks guys smile.gif

it IS a buyers market right now thats fo sho...
a j code ca. special, with fac. air, 2nd paint unmod. driver when for 14.5k and a beautiful, fully restored 67 ca. special went for 22k!

thats why b.j. sets you up free to bid if your selling a car.

tempting!

Geez - great job on her Mike (& boys/family)! drooley.gif wub.gif
... too bad you had to let her go, but such is life. sad.gif

Would've liked to had breakfast or something with you & the boys while you were down in The OC to talk early 73 914s, 442's & "the old dayz" & cars in general, but it sounds like you had a full schedule. Shoot me a PM or email if you're down here again.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
tat2dphreak
awesome man! just gorgeous!
Ferg
Very Cool!

JRust
Stunning Stang pray.gif . Bummer you had to let her go. Nice to have owned it for so long though. Nicely done
turboman808
Thats really cool and the detail work was insane.
URY914
I saw your car LIVE roll up on the platform! I watched it on and off all weekend and was watching when your car came up. I never seen that backend treatment. It is a fine looking ride. I know you must be proud.....and sad to see it go.
zx-niner
That was a beautiful car, Mike. And what an experience it all must have been.

Still planning someday to drive the 914 to work up there and stop by!
orange914
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jun 29 2010, 12:57 PM) *

. Buyers market is right!! I would have expected a Mustang of that caliber to go for much, much more. . .

You seem to be o.k. with it though, so congrats on the sale.

like houseing 07' spoiled us on over inflated prices. thats why b.j. always plays the 07 highlights before an event. dry.gif

seriously comparable cars where going for 20-25k!

our driver said she'd never seen so much attention from the company. they worked it extra hard, i'm honered and embarrassed, but it was a fun ride anywho.
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 29 2010, 01:00 PM) *

Geez - great job on her Mike (& boys/family)! drooley.gif wub.gif
... too bad you had to let her go, but such is life. sad.gif

Would've liked to had breakfast or something with you & the boys while you were down in The OC to talk early 73 914s, 442's & "the old dayz" & cars in general, but it sounds like you had a full schedule. Shoot me a PM or email if you're down here again.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

thanks

i'll definately take a rain check on the offer. not an extra second while we were there. the boys loved it, thurs. & friday they had free drifting/trash a new camero, s.h.o. & escalade
THEY needed something to do! my wife even took this picture piratenanner.gif
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(zx-niner @ Jun 29 2010, 08:56 PM) *

That was a beautiful car, Mike. And what an experience it all must have been.

Still planning someday to drive the 914 to work up there and stop by!

thanks, we're thining down our life, so NO excuse NOT to send kenny out with the 914. think you'll let he keep up with you? NOW the 914 gets the shop to stay in.

QUOTE(URY914 @ Jun 29 2010, 07:19 PM) *

I saw your car LIVE roll up on the platform! I watched it on and off all weekend and was watching when your car came up. I never seen that backend treatment. It is a fine looking ride. I know you must be proud.....and sad to see it go.

to bad i didn't know who you were, and meet a so. cal. 914r. i saw you were working the dupont booth on a post, i went by it a hundred x's.
dan10101
Mike,
It was exciting to see one of our own represented so well at Barrett Jackson. I never saw the car in it's finished state, but it looked real impressive when I did and really impressive on stage. I'm only sad to say I can't seem to get the High-def off the Direct Tv DVR. My equipment isn't working as it should.

I second Andrews invite, Please come over and have a meal. We'll watch the high def version of the action and you can fill us in on what it's like at a high end auction.

I bought my 1st car at a dealer auction. Paid 675 plus 200 for a friends dealer fees. Bought a 69 Dodge Cornet 500 convertable. Most awesome car, especially after I droped a roadrunner engine in it. Actually it's probably work 20 times that or more right now.

Becky say you guys roll on the stage live. She was at a friends house and got real excited to see the family on stage.

BTW, I hope you saw both videos. The one in the staging and the one on stage. Give me a call and we can talk more.

Dan
dan10101
Mike,
Here is the staging video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltHng9hi0Oo...e=youtube_gdata

orange914
QUOTE(dan10101 @ Jun 30 2010, 08:54 PM) *

thanks, you can see andy & kenny ready to drive onto the stage. that was an unexpected adventure for them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.