Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Velocity stacks or stock top?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeffdon
My 2056 will be getting its first drive soon. My 40 IDFs currently have the stock "stacks" on them (see below) . They are about 1.5" high, and have a bit of widening in ID at the tops, but nothing like some of the velocity stacks i have seen.

Would I see much difference in going to an aftermarket stack? Seem to remember Mr. Raby once saying that 1 7/8" seemed to give good benefits to most street motors.

Click to view attachment
dinomium
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Jun 29 2010, 01:53 PM) *

My 2056 will be getting its first drive soon. My 40 IDFs currently have the stock "stacks" on them (see below) . They are about 1.5" high, and have a bit of widening in ID at the tops, but nothing like some of the velocity stacks i have seen.

Would I see much difference in going to an aftermarket stack? Seem to remember Mr. Raby once saying that 1 7/8" seemed to give good benefits to most street motors.

Click to view attachment

2 inch chromed stacks look very kewl... cant seem to locate any of mine right now...
jeffdon

[/quote]
2 inch chromed stacks look very kewl... cant seem to locate any of mine right now...
[/quote]

Oh, no doubt. But do they DO anything?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.