Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4-lug wheel spacers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mwyatt
I need wheel spacers for the 4x130 lug pattern. I can use about 19mm in the front fenders. Does anyone know where I can find some? I searched the BBS, and other than some arguments as to their usefulness, I couldn't find any info on suppliers. Thanks.
Mueller
AMI Motorsports

thier prices seem pretty good, never dealt with them however..........

for the front wheels, I'd what them to be hubcentric !!!!
Revolution Wheels
Try Accessories Plus in Ontario, Ca. The number is 909-947-5115. They have spacers for standard fitments, but have told me they can make custom sets as well. For a spacer that thick you may want to have one that bolts to the hub and has studs pressed in from the back which will require the use of lug nuts.
Good Luck,
Tom
blabla914
Mike,

I know my dad doesn't like them, but I used 3 sets of the 1/4" spacers from pepboys. I guess the ones he got weren't flat at all, but I just stacked mine up and bolted them on the back of the bug with no problems. Perhaps on the front of a 914 it will make it shimmy, but considering the cost, it might be worth a try. You need to file the holes a bit to make'm work, but the cost is very low and 3 sets will get you 3/4" or 19mm. I searched a lot myself before I went to 5 lug and I found squat. Parts availability was one of my main motivations for going 5. Granted the parts aren't cheap, but you can find them everywhere.

kelly
blabla914
you know, you should just e-mail me!

Kelly
lmcchesney
Anyone ever make their own from bulk al?
L. McC
Mueller
Anyone ever make their own from bulk al?

for my last 914, I was going to, but it ended up being cheaper to buy the 1/4" spacers from HPH than buy the material and machine them...

for my latest 914, I'll be making a 1/2" to 5/8" spacer for the front wheels of my car to move the wheels out further since my rims have too much of an offset to look "correct" on the front...perfect offset in the rear for stock fenders....purely cosmetic smile.gif
mwyatt
Mike, I called - AMI doesn't have any in 4x130.

Kelly, I found a place called CB Performance that sells the "Pep Boys" spacers in a 4x130, 5/16" thickness. Two per side will be close enough to the space I want. For $7.95 apiece, you're Dad said it was worth a shot - we'll just have to file them flat!

Thank you to everyone who replied to my original post.
Mueller
I'd be careful, with that thickness, the hubcentric feature might not be used at all......you'll put more than normal stress on the bolts...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.