Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Note to self..... don't do that again!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
So I'm helping mikeg tune this engine and the fuchin' throttle got stuck and started to run away....so what do I do?

Of course I grab the primary (coil) wire an pull it off...of a frikin' MSD

Holy fuch did that hurt!!!!
This was no little wimpy 120v taped to my nipples.... blink.gif
Instant dreadlocks... I'm serious.... it fuchin`hurt.
Good thing the old ticker is good and I already have children.

slap.gif screwy.gif

avidfanjpl
Shit fire, Mark!

I touched my coil wire today and it was only a blue coil and it hurt!

Sister Mary Elephant must have said the right prayer.

Glad to hear you are still ticking.

Do you ever get to Montreal to see any races at Villeneuve?

I was at the 2008 F1, but could not go this year. I loved Montreal!

Glad you saved the engine AND yourself!

John

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 29 2010, 11:34 PM) *

So I'm helping mikeg tune this engine and the fuchin' throttle got stuck and started to run away....so what do I do?

slap.gif screwy.gif

70_914
I was testing spark on a VW bug with MSD box and coil a couple years ago. Knee was too close to the bumper... Ouch!

I feel for you...

914Sixer
Yes, that can be an attention getter. Glad to here you are okay!
balljoint
Mark,

Is this a tech tip of the day?
MDG
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 30 2010, 02:34 AM) *

Instant dreadlocks...
slap.gif screwy.gif

When you say my engine started to run away . . . . was it, like, scooting across the floor trying to hop into your bug?

The dreads sound cool.

When you were at my place . . . did you have batteries taped to your nipples? blink.gif
ClayPerrine
Next time just piss on the coil wire. That will stop it really quickly. biggrin.gif
MDG
QUOTE(avidfanjpl @ Jun 30 2010, 02:37 AM) *

Glad you saved the engine!

me too.

I'm so proud you've decided to use my engine in one of your perverted Frankenstein's lab experiments.

I'm sure it will be great when I get it back smilie_pokal.gif

I just hope to Hell it's not all sticky huh.gif
ME733

slap.gif screwy.gif

.............Well MARK...glad to know your still among the living...Somewhere in the fine print for msd I think I read It has the amperage to STOP YOUR HEART. Some other systems also have enough amperage to STOP YOUR HEART...and as you so unfortunatly learned the side effects of dreadlocks ballache (I,m sure there were others)..will be a permenant, and lasting reminder to keep your hands away from HIGH OUTPUT ELECTRONIC IGNITION SYSTEMS when in OPERATION....This is also very very true of MAGNETOS...Did I mention VERY,VERY,VERY, TRUE of MAGNETOS.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(MDG @ Jun 30 2010, 08:10 AM) *

Instant dreadlocks...
slap.gif screwy.gif

When you say my engine started to run away . . . . was it, like, scooting across the floor trying to hop into your bug?

The dreads sound cool.

When you were at my place . . . did you have batteries taped to your nipples? blink.gif

No Mike, I only wear clamps in public.....what do you think I am? some kind of hippy freak?
Gray hair dreads...yep real cool lol-2.gif

Dave, it won't work on your bumper tits.

Clay, piss on that.
biggrin.gif

jim_hoyland
Ouch ! That hurt just reading it. Glad to hear you are still walking. smile.gif
Mark Henry
Mike it wasn't your engine...still waiting for the brain... I'm getting it from Abby somebody.

Didn't think because it's just a warmed over 1600 bug engine doesn't need a MSD...talk about over-kill.
MDG
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 30 2010, 09:28 AM) *

av-943.gif Dave spent 6 hours trying to figure out how to attach the nipple clips to his bumper av-943.gif av-943.gif
balljoint
QUOTE(MDG @ Jun 30 2010, 10:19 AM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 30 2010, 09:28 AM) *

av-943.gif Dave spent 6 hours trying to figure out how to attach the nipple clips to his bumper av-943.gif av-943.gif

mad.gif My '74 has back-dated bumpers thankyouverymuch. biggrin.gif

I just wanted to check if it was a tip because I am compiling a book of tips...so far I have 699.

MDG
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 30 2010, 10:04 AM) *

Mike it wasn't your engine...

Ah. The Galloway member of the mikeg fraternity

QUOTE(balljoint @ Jun 30 2010, 10:32 AM) *

mad.gif My '74 has back-dated bumpers thankyouverymuch. biggrin.gif

For all that's decent David, DON'T tell us what you ended up using the bumper tits for after you took them off. Remember; it's the quiet voice inside your head that no one else can hear.
Mark Henry
To many Mike's....and Shaun's for some reason, I have have 4 friends named Shaun (or Sean)and I don't know how many named Mike.

I'm good, but I just picked up your basket case, all I've done so far is cleared a shelf and put a tag on your block laugh.gif
underthetire
Well, glad you made it out alive. BTW your heart can still go to defib 24 hours after the shock. Keep your cell phone handy!
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 30 2010, 07:04 AM) *

Mike it wasn't your engine...still waiting for the brain... I'm getting it from Abby somebody.

Didn't think because it's just a warmed over 1600 bug engine doesn't need a MSD...talk about over-kill.

Take a sedagive and relax. lol-2.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jun 30 2010, 12:27 PM) *

Well, glad you made it out alive. BTW your heart can still go to defib 24 hours after the shock. Keep your cell phone handy!

I've never owned a cell phone...or paid a cell phone bill, I'm not that important.

No TV as well...DVD or movie every Friday night.
windforfun
Holy cow!!! I shorted a battery once with a wrench. That burned like hell. I know, I'm an idiot.
Tom_T
IIRC a standard coil pumps it up to 10,000+ v blink.gif
... my wife the CCU/ICU RN said that'll fry a pacemaker BTW, after she stopped laughing & wiped the tears from her eyes! biggrin.gif

Now you know what to tell your family, friends, neighbors & S.O.s to use as a makeshift defibrillator should the ole ticker stop! shades.gif

Hmmm - & I woulda just yanked on the throttle cable/lever - go figure, stupid me! sad.gif

PS - at this point you won't ever need a cell phone, cuz you're now a cell transmitter yourself - just talk! lol-2.gif
scotty b
. poke.gif
whatabout1
I was working at a boat works and we were tuning these big blower motors.
A guy was holding the dist (setting timing) and when I cranked the motor a
spark jumped from his bald head to a piece of metal on the engine hatch.
He was screaming ouch, ouch, ouch....... One for every spark !

The owner of the shop was laughing so hard, he pushed me aside and cranked the motor a few more turns for fun !!!!!
kerensky
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 30 2010, 08:57 AM) *
Take a sedagive and relax.
"Quick! Give him the <glurk>!"
r_towle
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 30 2010, 02:54 PM) *

. poke.gif

agree.gif
Mark Henry
[quote][quote name='r_towle' date='Jun 30 2010, 11:41 PM' post='1337626']
cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 30 2010, 02:54 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
. poke.gif
[/quote]

agree.gif
[/quote][/quote]

finger.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.