Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 72 914 3.0L Custom - Colorado
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Mountain914
driving.gif Seeing if there is any interest for a 72 914 w/ 82 3.0 engine.
Older conversion but built right.

Click to view attachment

27k or Serious offer ?
Bank transfer of funds preferred. Can deliver between Colorado and Phoenix only.

1972 914/4 Southern California - then Scottsdale AZ.
Converted about 10 years ago - doubt I have much more than 10,000 miles in the last 10 years.
Custom Steel Fenders (Custom Auto Body, Phoenix AZ)
Glasurit 21 Line Toner Yellow Paint
1982 3.0 Liter SC CIS Built by Beck's Independent Porsche (Scottsdale, AZ)
81-83 U.S. Specs, 9.3:1 Compression
Stock cams and standard crank
Balanced Viton Seals and O Rings New Valves and Guides
C.I.S. (K-Jetronic)
901 Transmission - Side Shift - strengthened
204 Horsepower "plus a little extra" by Beck's 240hp at low elevation
Original 914/6 Oil cooler midships
External oil cooler - under cowl w/electric fan (thermostat on oil temp)
This means no wipers - but I think I kept it in a box somewhere
Original 914/6 steering column, seats, dash, axle stubs, etc...
Hand stitched leather and suede interior
Wilwood Billet Superlite brakes (no emergency brake)
23mm Brake Cylinder
Wilwood hats - Drilled for 911
Rear: Koni Sport Adjustables 8241-1050
Front: Bilstiens
Springs: Weltmeister SP-180
Dunlop SP Sport 9000's (these are getting pretty old, but since I never drive it they look new)
Front: 205/40 ZR17's
Rear: 275/40 ZR17's
Comple Custom Wheels (CCWheel.com) - this style no longer in production.

Don't let this one get away!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
tat2dphreak
1) Great looking car!!!

2) you know it's coming... all classifieds need a price.

3) are you sure about the 72? no vents in the dash, and no movable passenger seat would lead me to think 70-71 but perhaps it was back-dated to that look?
Andyrew
One of my all time favorites!!

Such a clean car!
Mountain914
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jun 30 2010, 08:40 AM) *

1) Great looking car!!!

2) you know it's coming... all classifieds need a price.

3) are you sure about the 72? no vents in the dash, and no movable passenger seat would lead me to think 70-71 but perhaps it was back-dated to that look?

Thanks!

OK - added a price but that shouldn't scare anyone away. I've considered selling this off and on over the past few years and never got one interested party. I am trying to gauge interest vs. price - that's fair. I know there would be a lot of interest for a few hundred bucks idea.gif Unfortunately for you misers poke.gif , I don't HAVE to sell it, I just don't pay it enough attention and my guilt is eating away at me - but other things are becoming first in my life and I don't think I will ever be the motorhead I once was.

It's a 72 body and VIN, but has the best of the best parts from a 70 914-6 donor car (dash, column, cooler, stubs, tank, interior, suspension, wiring, hoses) Don't know what year the tranny is.
Of course there is no heat or ventilation on this - it's a fair weather driver that spends it's life under a car cover in my garage. Yeah - it's a garage queen.
tat2dphreak
It's a 72 body and VIN, but took the best of the best parts from a 71 914-6 (dash, column, cooler, stubs, tank, interior, suspension) Don't know what year the tranny is.

ok, that makes sense... I have had 2 72s(one was very early for the 72 model), and both had movable seats and dash vents smile.gif thanks for clearing that up

thanks for putting the price in there, and btw, I would have guessed much more wink.gif the car looks great!
stuttgart46
Lee,
I sent you an email did you get it?
Mountain914
No sir, did not. Sent you a PM to verify.
Zundfolge
QUOTE(Mountain914 @ Jun 30 2010, 09:03 AM) *
I've considered selling this off and on over the past few years and never got one interested party.

My interest significantly outweighs my ability to pay drooley.gif

Thank you for rubbing my nose in my poverty biggrin.gif
buhs914
Wow this car is beautiful! I love the subtle rear flare look! Hell if this is still for sale 5 or 6 years from now I might have to buy it then haha.
Mountain914
Oh yes, there is the issue of funding (empty-pocket smilie). I just consider it a sign that when ability doesn't meet opportunity - it's time for me to keep enjoying it. I would never rub someones nose in some of the places I've been blink.gif
Errr.. wait, that didn't come out right. biggrin.gif

buhs914 - I'll keep it clean and pristine for you!
Hey - do you think *selling* this car is my mid-life crisis ? idea.gif
I'm not sure what a mid-life crisis is, but know I'll have regrets if it does sell. The only person that loves this car more than me is the next owner, and I'll be demoted to DAPO aktion035.gif
Mountain914
Just showed it in a car show 2 days ago. I got dirt on it *gak* !!
914xprs
bbbbbbbeeeeeaaaauuutiful beer3.gif
at a fair price...
i'll keep my ears open. i occasionaly have people interested in purchasing a quality built car as your appears to be done.
if so i will shoot them your way.
very nice! drunk.gif KMA.gif sheeplove.gif smoke.gif
911ttshu
does anyone have insight on how to go about registering it in cali, being it is a custom vehicle. it's a '72 but custom so is it still smog exempt?
allan
MoveQik
That car is amazing. beerchug.gif Plus....it spent part of its life in Scottsdale. It must be good!
underthetire
QUOTE(911ttshu @ Aug 18 2010, 11:09 AM) *

does anyone have insight on how to go about registering it in cali, being it is a custom vehicle. it's a '72 but custom so is it still smog exempt?
allan

Just register it. DMV won't know if it's custom or not.
Mountain914
agree.gif I was thinking the same thing, but since I am not sure 100% I thought it best to keep quiet. I would imagine if you simply told them you put in the 2.2L six from that year, how would they know different (unless they are familiar with the brand or the fuel injection or can read the engine stamps) ?

I live in a county that has these emission requirements - and this passed with flying colors (though I was a bit embarassied that the car started to roll while they were doing the test - since it doesn't have an e-brake unsure.gif I casually walked to the downhill side and let it rest against my leg until they were done aktion035.gif I had to get this emissions test since I brought it in from Arizona.

I know California is much more strict so . . .
Andyrew
Just register it. 99% of the pre 76 custom engined vehicles in CA are not registered as that. They are smog exempt so they just need DMV transfer of title, No smog.
charliew
Thats really kalifornia in that they do smog tests but don't require emergency brakes or windshield wiper or safety inspections.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.