Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jon Bovy ROCKS! Everyone else too who called or texted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hwgunner
Just want to say thanks to Jon Bovy for getting to me so fast after getting an obviously eronious email about being laid up in London after being robbed at gun point. My MSN account was hacked and is still being hacked and used by scum. Jon alerted me first. Jon, Thank You! beerchug.gif
avidfanjpl
I got a similar email from a woman I was going to play guitar for in the studio. LIKE 4 years later!

Her supposed sob story was that she was stuck in Scotland and had lost her wallet.

She needed $2000 to get home. Yet her email was a Yahoo account, not MSN.

And it was Scotland, not London.

And of course, I sent no reply or any money. And my old yahoo address that received it is no longer an active email for me, but I keep it around just for laughs, and some times some interesting hacked mail, it would seem.

J
Root_Werks
WTF.gif

Dude!

That sucks, but good job Jon!

piratenanner.gif
moparrob
Your first clue should be that no one has guns in London. Hopefully that won't happen here with yesterday's Supreme Court decision...
nsyr
QUOTE(moparrob @ Jun 30 2010, 02:56 PM) *

Your first clue should be that no one has guns in London. Hopefully that won't happen here with yesterday's Supreme Court decision...

i.e. No law abiding citizens have guns in london.

Thanks God for the second amendment!!!
zymurgist
QUOTE(nsyr @ Jun 30 2010, 03:01 PM) *

QUOTE(moparrob @ Jun 30 2010, 02:56 PM) *

i.e. No law abiding citizens have guns in london.

Thanks God Founding Fathers for the second amendment!!!

EdwardBlume
Admins... shut it down! poke.gif chair.gif

Just kiddin'
nsyr
Thank God for the founding fathers!
EdwardBlume
BTW - Jon Bovy is such a cool rocker name. aktion035.gif

Isn't there anyone out there named "Winger" ?
Cupomeat
I've received these emails and dragged it out all day with them.

What you need to do is to ask questions about false people who might be with that person and then get to the business.

Once they give you an way of sending the email, tell them you sent it.

They'll come back and say they haven't received it, then tell them you'll check.

Get back to them an hour or two later and ask alot more questions about who and what and say it didn't go through.

Then ask for a different way, Well Fargo, or other and get that Number only to delay again.

Also, if you can get them to give you the number of the embassy in whatever country, that is a fun one to bug them about.

I ended the last one getting fake angry with the fake person about something that happened years ago. The response was obviously confused, but they were willing to try as I was still promising to send money.

Ah, playing with the criminals, Lots of fun!
PeeGreen 914
Well, the first clue it wasn't Jonathan was the title of the email said "My Plight". I know Jonathan would NEVER say that.
carr914
You must have a Nigerian girlfriend
markb
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 30 2010, 01:19 PM) *

Well, the first clue it wasn't Jonathan was the title of the email said "My Plight". I know Jonathan would NEVER say that.

agree.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(moparrob @ Jun 30 2010, 11:56 AM) *
Your first clue should be that no one has guns in London.

agree.gif
My thought exactly ...

A knife maybe, but nobody is going to try and rob you on the street with a gun in London.
popcorn[1].gif Andy
Kansas 914
Yep - I got it and left you a message on this forum - knowing email got hacked I didn't respond.

One clue for me was "we came down here for a short vacation" lol-2.gif

Here is the email:

Hello,

I'm sorry for this odd request because it might get to you too urgent but it's due to the situation of things right now.

I'm stuck in London,England with my family right now, we came down here for a short vacation then i was robbed, worse of it is that bags, cash and cards and my cell phone were stolen at GUN POINT, it's such a crazy experience for us, we need help flying back home, the authorities are not being 100% supportive but the good thing is we still have our passports and return tickets but currently having troubles paying off the hotel bills and also getting a cab to take us to the airport.

Please i need you to loan me some money, will refund you as soon as i'm back home, i promise.

Thank You

Jonathan Reiss hwgunner@msn.com
Eric_Shea
Yup... the gun thing got me too. That and the fact that he didn't use my name

(course... he never really does. Most of his emails start with Dear $hithead -or- Hey @$$hole) biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
I thought I was the only person who could call you that confused24.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 30 2010, 02:02 PM) *

Yup... the gun thing got me too. That and the fact that he didn't use my name

(course... he never really does. Most of his emails start with Dear $hithead -or- Hey @$$hole) biggrin.gif

I thought shithead was your name shithead!!! blink.gif
hwgunner
This whole thing has been a mess. BTW, Eric, i have never called you any of those names, it's butthead or dingle dork!!! poke.gif

On a more serious side I did have some one call me on Monday asking how I was. when i told them my email was hacked they immediately said that they needed to call Western Union and see if they could get their $1250.00 back. He called me later and said that the person in London had already picked up the $$$ but that WU did not get Proof or Positive ID and so he was sure he was going to get his money back. Not sure of the ultimate outcome after that but this person was a customer who had only ever bought one item from me and it was last month at the end of the month.

this is why people keep hacking.
PeeGreen 914
Really sad.gif headbang.gif
hwgunner
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 30 2010, 04:24 PM) *

Really sad.gif headbang.gif

Not kidding! headbang.gif
JRust
Damn that sucks! Hope he gets his money back sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.