Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CV Spiral Pins AKA VC Roll Pins
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
Started the CV cleanup and lube prior to reassembly to the tranny. PO only had 1 Roll Pin per CV in place, no Special Washers or Gaskets. chair.gif chair.gif The leaking seal was a blessing - - I didn't lose the axle going down the road!

I have another used axle with the roll pins still in place. Can (and how) I remove these and use them on my car? Is this only a replacement with a new part, part?

Pelican has them cheap, but it's another week of being down to get them.
Thanks As Always you guys.
jt914-6
Bill...I would say that they can be reused as long as they were tight. As far as removing one.....big a$$ vice grips. You might check around locally for a shop that might have some new/used.....my $.02
Shade Tree
I was missing one and just grabbed one out of my parts car. No problems with it after several thousand miles. They come out easy. I just carefully grabbed it with pliers..
jmill
If they were tight I'd have no issue reusing them.
bandjoey
I gave a prelim twist with some pliars earlier and they were tight. I'll shoot a litttle pb blaster and get them out tomorrow. Thanks
HAM Inc
I push them out with a pin punch. They tap right out and don't suffer damage from vise-grips that way.
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(HAM Inc @ Jul 1 2010, 10:31 AM) *

I push them out with a pin punch. They tap right out and don't suffer damage from vise-grips that way.

agree.gif Drit pin punch and a hammer. smash.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.