Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got to drive a 914 today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif

I love these cars wub.gif

Brought one of our local teeners car over to my house so I can reseal the engine for him and do a little fine tuning to it. I'll take some pics for you guys soon.

Maybe Chris can post the pic he took of me at the light idea.gif

hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 30 2010, 11:55 PM) *

Brought one of our local teeners car over to my house so I can reseal the engine for him and do a little fine tuning to it. I'll take some pics for you guys soon.

Now to get you another one.
PeeGreen 914
in my garage for some work smile.gif
jcambo7

Chris? Effutuo101?
Root_Werks
Wait a minute...... dry.gif

I thought you weren't allowed to drive 914's anymore?

laugh.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jul 1 2010, 08:17 AM) *

Chris? Effutuo101?

Yes, he drove me to Garrett's house so I could drive the car back to mine smile.gif

Dan, YOU CANNOT KEEP ME AWAY piratenanner.gif
KELTY360
Does it drive as tight as it sounds?
PeeGreen 914
No, It needs to have the front lowered a little. It looks like is has 2 degrees positive camber as it sits so the turn in is terrible. The engine just purrssssssss wub.gif . Once it is resealed it should be sweat. I am going to lower the front a touch and get it fine tuned all around.... it will be sweet when I am done.
greenie

Hey Jon,

What exactly is involved in "resealing the engine" how many tubes of silicon do you use?

KELTY360
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 1 2010, 04:32 PM) *

No, It needs to have the front lowered a little. It looks like is has 2 degrees positive camber as it sits so the turn in is terrible. The engine just purrssssssss wub.gif . Once it is resealed it should be sweat. I am going to lower the front a touch and get it fine tuned all around.... it will be sweet when I am done.

Will you lower it enough that it needs realignment?
championgt1
QUOTE(greenie @ Jul 1 2010, 06:22 PM) *

Hey Jon,

What exactly is involved in "resealing the engine" how many tubes of silicon do you use?

C'mon. Everyone knows silicon won't do it. You have to use JB Weld.
PeeGreen 914
No, I can do an alignment at my house but it shouldn't need it. Silicon? You're funny. dry.gif

By reseal I should say, I am replacing the seals. Engine doesn't need to be split but the rubber seals are likely hard as rocks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.