Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: -6 hard oil lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
BigD9146gt
Hey guys,

Well, its a couple pics of what I'm making up to see if there is any interest...

22mm OD, 1mm wall (OEM Cohline tubing) and fittings bent with my mandrel bender. $300 each, flex lines will need to be purchased through me or your favorite flex line supplier (I will provide the correct dimensions for your application... OEM tank or aftermarket). The flex lines are $65-OEM tank and $55 DWDesignWerks tank (or any aftermarket tank that uses the M22 female threaded union fitting)

I have measured and made this with an original 914-6 with heat exchangers.

These ship out of San Luis Obispo California, I'm going to wrap these to hopefully get better shipping costs (30"x12"x4"). Bigd9146gt@yahoo.com
BigD9146gt
BigD9146gt
BigD9146gt
welder.gif
BigD9146gt
yellowsleep[1].gif
Ericv1
Where were you 5 months ago? I would have much rather puchased this than the Patrick alternative. The cost was about the same too. Good Luck.
sww914
Wow! That looks great! Bargain.
BKLA
Don -

Is your DWDesignwerks still up and running? Are you still making the boxster conversion kits for 911's and 914's? How 'bout your oil tanks?

Best tank on the market IMHO!
BigD9146gt
Thanks for the kind words Eric and Steve!

BKLA, I'm in an awkward position at the moment. I have only a few tools available at this time. I cannot produce 90% of my old product line as it was me doing almost all the manufacturing/finish work to keep the costs reasonable.

I have one set of front adapters available, 10 or so oil filter stands, no filler necks, no tanks, and no intermediate plates. The machine shop I used to work at is no longer a viable option, and I don't have the financial backing to sublet everything.

I've always wanted to provide hard oil lines for the -6's. The flex lines are a pain to keep suspended and deteriorate quickly from the heat between the exhaust and cylinders.
Eric_Shea
Might be interested in the line. I have one of your tanks. No painting needed as I can have it plated.
McMark
AWESOME! I'll be spreading the word.
BigD9146gt
Eric, no worries, let me know. I can ship out as early as Tuesday.

Mark, thanks! Much appreciated!
bcheney
I might be interested. I have an OEM tank and flexible lines that came from Rich Johnson many years ago. They are still in their shrink wrapping and have been properly stored for over 5 years. My question is if I picked up this hard line from you would it mate right up to the flexible lines I have? Here is a pic of what I have.
BigD9146gt
The long flex line you have is replaced with the hard line with a new shorter line. If you send me that long flex line, I might be able to trade in the fittings and tube for the short section you will need. Let me know if your interested, I will check with my Cohline supplier.

Cheers, Don
Loser_Cruiser
how much for the front adapters? if they are still available. Sorry to go off topic.
Eric_Shea
Mmmmm... bling.

Click to view attachment
THE STIG
I was just informed of this line, is it still available? I found a couple of NOS ones, but at a MUCH higher cost. Thanks.

THE STIG
JmuRiz
I missed this one too, VERY cool looking hard-line, I'm interested if you're still doing these lines too.
BigD9146gt
Hey guys,

I may have a chance in 3 months to make some more of these... please don't hold me to that though. It all depends on how soon I get my tools to make them.

Cheers, Don Welch
DWDesignWerks
Jeffs9146
Does that mean I might get the one promised to me back when I shipped the factory original for to be used for the first ones that were made? blink.gif
BigD9146gt
Hey Jeff,

I would like nothing more than to send you a line for your help. I will do my best to find you when I do get a chance to make these again... When I post they are completed, please don't be a stranger to remind me... It will save any odd comments you feel obligated to post communally.

Cheers, Don
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.