Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HEY ANDY
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hot_shoe914
Hey Andy,

We need a live chat sort of like what Facebook has. Would that be possible to do on this board. I think a lot of people would enjoy using it.

Shoe
McMark
Guess how 914World got started... wink.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jun 30 2010, 10:25 PM) *

Hey Andy,

We need a live chat sort of like what Facebook has. Would that be possible to do on this board. I think a lot of people would enjoy using it.

I would like to see more like skype rolleyes.gif

Shoe

RJMII
my guess is that it all started with a big bang. Or was 914World created? hmmm confused24.gif
RJMII
I'm on skype, facebook, msn, yahoo, and I even have an old ICQ account. Then there's my phone for txt messaging, pix messaging, and I have access to all of the others. Why would I want to chat on 914World also?
zymurgist
I leave my computer on 24/7. Anyone trying to do a live chat with me... well, let's just say that I'll be out riding instead of staring at a computer screen. I do enough of that all day at work. smile.gif
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(oldschool @ Jul 1 2010, 12:58 AM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jun 30 2010, 10:25 PM) *

Hey Andy,

I would like to see more like skype rolleyes.gif

Shoe

I was confused by this for a minute. Why not " thinkpost outside the box". av-943.gif

rmj, I hope you don't do all that while your driving. mad.gif
jonferns
The TDIclub board has a great chat feature, I find it pretty useful. I'd be great to see that implemented here.
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 30 2010, 10:55 PM) *

agree.gif
The good old All914.com Chat ...

Anyways, it's been discussed before, the real problem with a chat, IHMO, is that it's usually just a conversation between two people and everything said in that conversation is lost.

The real upside of a forum is the fact that everybody can participate in a thread at any time and all the information and images are kept in a easy to read format that is searchable.
popcorn[1].gif Andy
markb
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 1 2010, 10:02 AM) *

agree.gif

Anyways, it's been discussed before, the real problem with a chat, IHMO, is that it's usually just a conversation between two people and everything said in that conversation is lost.

The real upside of a forum is the fact that everybody can participate in a thread at any time and all the information and images are kept in a easy to read format that is searchable.
popcorn[1].gif Andy

agree.gif

Wow, I was a member of All914.com Chat. I must be gettin' old........
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 1 2010, 12:02 PM) *

agree.gif

popcorn[1].gif Andy

The conversation between 2 people is exactly what I'm looking for, not a chatroom. Chatrooms move much too fast & are a waste of time in my book. Was just looking for something a little faster than our private message system.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.