Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sorting after engine reinstall
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914rat
After some head work I reassembled and reinstalled my engine.On my first attempt to start it didn't fire up and I smelled gas on the passenger side and found it to be leaking all ove the floor in the garage.Upon inspection its coming through the exhaust on the passenger side.I adjusted the valves when the engine was out of the car and double checked them.The only thing I can think of that would allow gas of this volume to flood into the exhaust is an open exhaust valve.It is a 2056 with dell 40's.Any ideas would be appreciated.I did install a new SVDA distributor and am not sure I have spark.Guess it could be ignition too.
TheCabinetmaker
Gas line not connected or broke or cut during install.
Tom
Sounds like a flooding problem. Carbs sit while head work was done? Maybe stuck float.? Be careful, if there is that much gas, you may have contaminated the oil.
Tom
914rat
Without taking anything apart I went over all the installation procedures and checked wiring and assembly.I think I may have the fuel lines to the carbs reversed on the Dells.only the passenger side was flooding out but that is the side the fuel line coming in from the pump and fuel line out to the other carb is on.Does anyone know which nipple the line in from the pump should be.Firewall side or trunk side?This would explain the gas running through the exhaust on the passenger side.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.