Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mini vs Porsche
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ripper911
Porsche wins!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10Q7cXE-sm8
biosurfer1
Yep...Mini got beat, but of course had to throw that last word in at the end.
ripper911
and on a course set up for the mini, slow and twisty.

I'll bet a 914 could beat the mini too.
Elliot Cannon
Considering the difference in price and engineering between Mini and Porsche it would have been quite embarrassing if Porsche didn't win. In fact one would expect Porsche to have won by an even greater margin.
Cap'n Krusty
BTW, Porsche ignored the challenge, and Mini brought their own Porsche.

The Cap'n
URY914
This has been all over every P-car and Mini board.
BTW a new Mini would stomp a stock 914.
ripper911
Mini might be able to outperform the 914, but the difference is that most Mini drivers don't drive them fast anyhow, I'm sure most of you here are flying around your local roads like I am on a daily basis!

...let us believe the 914 would win.
Silverstreak
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jul 1 2010, 06:42 PM) *

Mini might be able to outperform the 914, but the difference is that most Mini drivers don't drive them fast anyhow, I'm sure most of you here are flying around your local roads like I am on a daily basis!

...let us believe the 914 would win.

Let the Wookie win...
Silverstreak
Some of those Youtube comments are priceless.
mipstien
i have both and they are both fun to drive. stock vs stock mini will win against a 914 and that is the base mini, not the S. this video proves that mini made a nice car at an affordable price and they are nearly in comparison with a car twice the price. that is also a stock S you can for a few thousand more get the john cooper works mini that is nearly a completely different car and a lot more hp. still cheaper and would then outperform.

this is no different than the Corvette zr1 racing the ferrari.... half the price and runs as good as the ferrari.
patssle
this is no different than the Corvette zr1 racing the ferrari.... half the price and runs as good as the ferrari.

Except when Mini comes to mind, a nice fancy sports car does not correlate.
mipstien
QUOTE(patssle @ Jul 1 2010, 09:50 PM) *

Except when Mini comes to mind, a nice fancy sports car does not correlate.

although it is to a lot of people.

http://www.motoringunderground.com/
hot_shoe914
I run faster times than most of the minis in our autoXs with exception of on S model with an exceptional driver using slicks. I'm running a tired stock 2.0. Mini isn't all that tough.

shoe
SLITS
IT'S NOT A REAL MINI COOPER ... PERIOD!!!

Of course it's Not A Real Porsche either.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 1 2010, 07:43 PM) *

Stop screaming ya old bastid. Ya might give yourself one of them coronary things.
championgt1
av-943.gif
silver74insocal
i would like to believe if i spent as much money on purchasing and modifying a 914 as i would spend on a brand new mini...it would be comparable? lets say i spent 4 grand on a car, ten grand on an engine, and a couple more on suspension..what then? whats the sticker price on a cooper S? 25k +? just thinking out loud here...
mipstien
QUOTE(silver74insocal @ Jul 2 2010, 12:10 AM) *

i would like to believe if i spent as much money on purchasing and modifying a 914 as i would spend on a brand new mini...it would be comparable? lets say i spent 4 grand on a car, ten grand on an engine, and a couple more on suspension..what then? whats the sticker price on a cooper S? 25k +? just thinking out loud here...

if you start talking like that then you have to figure what a 914 would cost today as opposed to what you pay for it.
although that is the same attitude that i had when i bought my m3 pay for the car then put 10k in the engine and suspension and have over 500hp that will out handle and outrun most cars on the road.
pcar916
Since we're on the Mini topic, here's the eternal Mini gymkana vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJrEJb0HaeY

Never gets old. There is another video with the a different Mini up on the front wheels under braking all the time around the cones, but I can't find it.
mipstien
QUOTE(pcar916 @ Jul 2 2010, 05:09 PM) *

Since we're on the Mini topic, here's the eternal Mini gymkana vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJrEJb0HaeY

Never gets old. There is another video with the a different Mini up on the front wheels under braking all the time around the cones, but I can't find it.

gives new meaning to "drive it like you stole it."
SLITS
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 1 2010, 08:17 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 1 2010, 07:43 PM) *

Stop screaming ya old bastid. Ya might give yourself one of them coronary things.

BMW can kiss my pearly white ......

Anyway ... retirement gettin' to ya? Ran out of Pinky lifting whiney and cheesy things to do and so now yer tryin' ta pick a fight with a geezer with a really shitty attitude .... huh ... iszat what yep up to?

Well .... Bring it on ..........
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.