Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick Gas Tank Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ericv1

Which line is the outlet and return on the gas tank? The diameters appear to be different between the two lines. Is the larger line the outlet? Thanks.
tod914
Eric the fat line is the feed line. It mounts to area with the filter sock. The smaller diameter one is the return.
EdwardBlume
agree.gif

You can follow the larger line to all the way through the tunnel to the reducer prior to the fuel pump and up to the fuel rails...

Unless another "arrangement" was made....
Ericv1
QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 1 2010, 07:35 PM) *

agree.gif

You can follow the larger line to all the way through the tunnel to the reducer prior to the fuel pump and up to the fuel rails...

Unless another "arrangement" was made....

Thank you both. The fuel pump was relocated to the front underneath the tank. I'm switching out the FI pump for carbs. The PO did a good job. It appears all the fuel lines were replaced with stainless steel lines and a newer remanufactured pump.
EdwardBlume
Use solid clamps vs the slotted ones and the properly rated fuel lines...
RiqueMar
Since you're going to carbs, I highly recommend relocating it to the back. Just my $.02....

IPB Image
IPB Image
Ericv1
[quote name='RiqueMar' date='Jul 2 2010, 01:52 AM' post='1338098']
Since you're going to carbs, I highly recommend relocating it to the back. Just my $.02....

I'm curious as to why other than ease of servicing. If I remember correctly the early 911's with carbs had them up front in a similar area next to the master cylinder.
Nürburg Nomad
[quote name='Ericv1' date='Jul 2 2010, 08:03 PM' post='1338452']
[quote name='RiqueMar' date='Jul 2 2010, 01:52 AM' post='1338098']

I'm curious as to why other than ease of servicing. If I remember correctly the early 911's with carbs had them up front in a similar area next to the master cylinder.
[/quote]
Correct.... I'm also in Cincinnati Eric... (seemingly one of hundreds of teeners in the neighborhood) I just relocated my fuel pump for carbs to the front a few days ago with the kit from Chris @ CFR Tangerine Racing, a memeber here on 914World. He was able to answer all my questions and supply all the solid band clamps 8MM stainless tunnel line and the step-down adapter piece in stainless too so you don't have to mess with the rubber one.

I also used the modern standard 30R9 rated fuel hose throughout; technically "fuel injection" hose but unlike 30R7 it has a Teflon type liner which makes it 50 times less permeable to fuel; hence the reason you'll find all the crazy bio-diesel truck guys use it, because 30R7 is eaten up in a matter of months!
charliew
electric pumps push way better than suck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.