Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back in the Saddle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flipb
Back in May, I posted a brief thread about my fuel leak. Had to have it towed - not even a flatbed, but fortunately my mechanic is only about 3.5 miles away.

Days went by, then weeks. I exchanged a couple of emails with my mechanic; he said they were ordering the right fuel lines and he'd get to it soon. I told him not to worry, knowing he had other cars in his shop whose owners depended on them for daily transportation.

After a few weeks, he stopped responding to my emails. He's a very good guy with a great reputation around here, so I was surprised. Turns out there were some issues at his shop - he lost his service writer and his assistant wrench. He also says that my emails were getting filtered and he wasn't seeing them, but eventually found them in another folder. (I believe him, he's honest and not very tech-savvy.) Also turns out that his service writer failed to order the parts before he left.

Meanwhile, it's gone from Springtime cool to Summertime hot. I've only owned my Teener since September and was really looking forward to some fair weather driving.

Finally, he let me know today that he had it ready for me. Went to pick it up and he was very apologetic and refused to let me pay him anything!

The car is driving as good as ever. Today was beautiful weather-wise (low 80's, low humidity). I got two drives and DANG it felt good.

Now that I have the car back... expect more posting from me. Both celebrating the fun and needing help with the befuddling. smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Cevan
beerchug.gif
okieflyr
That is a nice car that deserves to be driven and enjoyed. Me and my car really enjoy the nice cool evening air. driving.gif
Root_Werks
driving.gif
EdwardBlume
agree.gif driving.gif

and

aktion035.gif
type47
Taylor? I woulda paid something to keep him in business. We need more of his kind.
flipb
QUOTE(type47 @ Jul 2 2010, 12:41 PM) *

Taylor? I woulda paid something to keep him in business. We need more of his kind.

Yep, Jim. It was Taylor. (No harm in pointing people his way I guess)

I tried to insist but he wouldn't let me pay anything. Anyway, the fuel line repair was more of a temporary fix and he knows he'll definitely get my business next winter when I switch over to dual carbs and do whatever else ends up on the list.

I get the sense that something happened between him & German Auto Group where he now operates out of. Several staff disappeared suddenly and he says it was out of his control.

As always, had some cool cars on his lot. A 928 S4, a slant-nose 911 (which he jokingly told me I could take as the "loaner"), and somebody's race-prepped red 914, which he said was in much worse shape than mine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.