Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coco Mats Length Passenger Side?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
detoxcowboy
I have coco mats from Coco Mats, and the passenger side goes up the footwell, is that correct? I know some memebers have these, thats how I found out where to order them, just curious if someone could share there experience with them,.. Yes I called Coco Mats but they are on Holiday for a week..
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Hard company to deal with and their patterns are off. They do not realize that there was a break in Dec Jan 72 early vs late passenger mat and send the long one that does not fit correctly Lloyds does the same thing. Keeps falling down.

QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Jul 2 2010, 09:26 AM) *

I have coco mats from Coco Mats, and the passenger side goes up the footwell, is that correct? I know some memebers have these, thats how I found out where to order them, just curious if someone could share there experience with them,.. Yes I called Coco Mats but they are on Holiday for a week..

dem
I just received a set too - mine extend up the passenger footwell. I have a Morph subwoofer, so it won't lay precisely flat.. but seems fine to me.

I wouldn't argue with George, but how exactly should it be different?

QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Jul 2 2010, 09:26 AM) *

windforfun
I have a set that look as old as the car ("73 1.7). The right one runs up the footwell, looks great, & doesn't droop out.
tod914
Mine set fits perfect from them. 1973 model car. The vintage Sisal mats I had in my 75, were short on the passanger side; went as far as where the incline in the footwell started.

Click to view attachment

windforfun
Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(tod914 @ Jul 2 2010, 10:08 AM) *

Mine set fits perfect from them. 1973 model car. The vintage Sisal mats I had in my 75, were short on the passanger side; went as far as where the incline in the footwell started.

Click to view attachment

perfect example of them not fitting correctly. The pass side for the late one should be the same size as the floor carpeting. Within a few wear cycles, the pass mat will begin to fall down
detoxcowboy
Thanks Dr., and Everyone.. Photo's are exactly what I discovered for my set... For some reason I have a vague recall of them being like that in the 70's.. I guess it protects more of the carpet on the passenger side, but the Dr. has a point that concerned me enough to post this thread..
jsayre914
more pics, some are long, and some are short

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...091&hl=coco
Tom_T
Hey Joe - if you wanted the shorter set on the pass. side, maybe call them & sullpy a pattern cut from brown paper to match your pass. carpet floor peice & ask them to cut it back to match & re-edge trim it for you.

I think that they come both tall or short @ L & R from various mfgrs., since some folks want to protect the pedal board & footwell/firewall carpet too - so they prefer them taller (I certainly would & did back in the 70's). You can put some velcro hook side tape on the back along the top edge to help keep it in place, but be careful when taking them out to ease the velcro hooks off the carpet to not bugger it up. I don't know if the "Coco Mats" brand with the heavy rubber backer stays up better, which would obviate the need for velcro.

Here are pix of some in my buddy's 71 914/4 with <61k mi., which IIRC are as original to the 70's (older mats were courser weave) - as is his factory paint!! drooley.gif

Tod take note of how sweet the red dot ones look in his Bahia Red/Black! wub.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

shades.gif
d914
he will do a custom patern, I had one made shorter and with a hole in it for my roll bar for my old car.. He is now in Ft mill sc and easy to deal with.. If we need two different sizes based on year lets just get together with him!! I still have the set for the 14 and have a set for my gto..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.